[Solved]Homepoint Issue - DJI customer service
1342 16 2017-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
McCrimmon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1988 ft
United Kingdom

Has anyone actually had any positive resolution with DJI with regards to lost or damaged drones as a result of the homepoint issue?

I have been chasing constantly and was advised last week that my flight log was being analyzed and that id have a response within 1-2 days. Chased them today only to be told that they were not analyzing the synced logs afterall and needed me to send the actual logs from my device.

Everything feels like common delay tactics.

Im slowly losing patience and feel like taking my custom elsewhere. The whole experience has been below standard for a company who are one of the market leaders.
2017-1-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about the issue.
May I know your case number or ticket number since you've contacted our support? we will escalate it for you and follow up the case.
2017-2-1
Use props
Mr C.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13894 ft
United Kingdom

Seems to be par for the course mate, terrible customer service, worst I have ever encountered, period.
2017-2-1
Use props
McCrimmon
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mr C. Posted at 2017-2-1 02:21
Seems to be par for the course mate, terrible customer service, worst I have ever encountered, period.

I would agree, however, i'll not lose faith yet and still hope that a more than satisfactory resolution will come in the coming days.
2017-2-1
Use props
McCrimmon
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-1 02:09
Sorry to hear about the issue.
May I know your case number or ticket number since you've contacted our support? we will escalate it for you and follow up the case.

Case Number - CAS-426894-Y2V0H9

I also have a separate discussion open with Julius under request 408537.
2017-2-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

McCrimmon Posted at 2017-2-1 04:36
Case Number - CAS-426894-Y2V0H9

I also have a separate discussion open with Julius under request 408537.

I looked at your case and ticket# and I see that you've uploaded your records.
The delay was they could not get your records.
They have them now so they should be analyzed soon.
2017-2-1
Use props
McCrimmon
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-1 07:55
I looked at your case and ticket# and I see that you've uploaded your records.
The delay was they could not get your records.
They have them now so they should be analyzed soon.

I appreciate this, however, i was previously told by customer services that the data was being analyzed etc, when in truth nothing was happening as you could not even access my synced records.

I just want positive confirmation that your team now has everything you need and I would appreciate a timeframe as to when this data will be analyzed and the resolution process commenced.

2017-2-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

McCrimmon Posted at 2017-2-1 09:54
I appreciate this, however, i was previously told by customer services that the data was being analyzed etc, when in truth nothing was happening as you could not even access my synced records.

I just want positive confirmation that your team now has everything you need and I would appreciate a timeframe as to when this data will be analyzed and the resolution process commenced.

Yes, they have everything and will analyze the flight records and get back to you.
I've sent messages, so it will be done.
2017-2-1
Use props
McCrimmon
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Is anyone going to respond to my mails from Saturday and yesterday?
2017-2-6
Use props
Ocypteros
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8110 ft
Greece

To all of my friends in this room. Let me share with you my horrifying story. I am a beginner with something about of total 2h flight. Yesterday i've tried RTH and my drone flew up high, exceeding the 30m height limit. At the same time a voice started telling me that battery is low and return to home or something like that is initiated. No time for reaction, i have tried to gain control of my bird, but that was not possible, the bird flew away to the direction i had been a couple of hours earlier, trying another flight. "Battery low" and many "beeps" were coming out from my mobile speaker and in panic, i thought at that time, that i should shut down the motors. And i really tried it. A voice told me "landing" and the bird landed on a high tree, some 200m away falling from give or take 30m height, with motors off. I had set the limit to 100m away and 30m high for security reasons but Nothing worked. I Almost lost the bird. I have Version 3.1.2. in Android. Now what? should i follow instructions and roll back to a previous version of the app?. Let's hope that will work. BTW i don't  have "map" on the screen, and in 3.1.2. version there is the MAP Choise there, but it is not active. Is it something with the version or P3S doesn't support maps thing?
2017-2-6
Use props
McCrimmon
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ocypteros Posted at 2017-2-6 13:54
To all of my friends in this room. Let me share with you my horrifying story. I am a beginner with something about of total 2h flight. Yesterday i've tried RTH and my drone flew up high, exceeding the 30m height limit. At the same time a voice started telling me that battery is low and return to home or something like that is initiated. No time for reaction, i have tried to gain control of my bird, but that was not possible, the bird flew away to the direction i had been a couple of hours earlier, trying another flight. "Battery low" and many "beeps" were coming out from my mobile speaker and in panic, i thought at that time, that i should shut down the motors. And i really tried it. A voice told me "landing" and the bird landed on a high tree, some 200m away falling from give or take 30m height, with motors off. I had set the limit to 100m away and 30m high for security reasons but Nothing worked. I Almost lost the bird. I have Version 3.1.2. in Android. Now what? should i follow instructions and roll back to a previous version of the app?. Let's hope that will work. BTW i don't  have "map" on the screen, and in 3.1.2. version there is the MAP Choise there, but it is not active. Is it something with the version or P3S doesn't support maps thing?

I feel your pain.
Unfortunately I lost mines with the exact same problem after 15 minutes of flying on the same day that the drone arrived.  

I've been trying to reach a satisfactory resolution for nearly 2 weeks.  DJI now just ignore my mails despite good communication last week.
2017-2-7
Use props
Ocypteros
lvl.1
Greece

McCrimmon Posted at 2017-2-7 04:47
I feel your pain.
Unfortunately I lost mines with the exact same problem after 15 minutes of flying on the same day that the drone arrived.  

i've just noticed that DJI published a new release which eliminates the issue.
With the same versoin number.,  3.1.2. I will test it soon.
2017-2-9
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

How do you know it is a new release?  It would be odd that DJI would fix an issue with a release that carried the same version number as the defective version.  In the future how would a user know it the 3.1.2 they download is the corrected or defective version?

Just looked; DJI has included a build number to the version.
2017-2-9
Use props
Rob Weeks 9
lvl.2

United States

McCrimmon Posted at 2017-2-7 04:47
I feel your pain.

Wow, 15 minutes after it arrived! That's the worst one ive heard yet. I noticed my controller said it was 13k feet away from the drone on my first flight and decided to not use any of the automated systems and just hand fly the drone.  I was brave enough to try the RTH once on a later flight with the same problem and it came back home. I'm glad they have gotten it fixed because ive been scared to fly. Your definitely owed a new drone!
2017-2-9
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

As of 02/17/2017 DJI GO APP is 3.1.3 on Google Play:   
What's New
- Updated No-fly Zone database.
- Fixed bugs and issues when setting the user’s current position as the Home Point.
2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Ocypteros Posted at 2017-2-6 13:54

Have you sent it in yet?  

Please find online chat on www.dji.com/support and we'll establish a case for you.

Sorry to hear this accident.
2017-2-10
Use props
Ocypteros
lvl.1
Greece

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-10 22:41
Have you sent it in yet?  

Please find online chat on www.dji.com/support and we'll establish a case for you.

I have download the new release 3.1.3. Didn't have the chance to test it yet, due to bad weather. Though i paid a visit to DJI's local lrepresentative and they couldn't suggest anything else, than "update to the new version".
Hopefully i didn't lost my bird.
But i am very anxious and scared about DJI's software .
There is no case now. Since the bird is back, an new release is out there. Let me try and i'll be back.
BR
2017-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules