Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Disconnected - Can't connect phone to Mavic at all.
11225 9 2017-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyHighX
lvl.2
United States

I just got my brand new Mavic pro today and I can not get it to connect to my phone.  The Mavic connects to the remote just fine but it just remains on "disconnected" and the camera screen on the phone remains greyed out.

Background: Mavic and remote are on the latest V01.03.0300 firmware from the factory, Phone is Samsung Note 4 Android 6 (which is on the tested and approved list by DJI), using DJI GO 4 (no previous version of GO is or has ever been installed.

Things I've tried:
*cable from the side as well as usb cable from the bottom of the remote with the side cable removed
*multiple different usb cables
*deleted cache/ data from DJI GO 4, removed and reinstalled DJI GO 4 and rebooted phone
*develper mode is enabled as is debugging mode
*phone is set for MTP + ADB and I hear the connected "chime" when connecting
*no order of phone first/ mavic first/ remote first makes a difference
*airplane mode/wifi on/off doesn't matter
Please, is there something else I can try?  It should be as simple as turn on the mavic, turn on the remote,  connect the phone and start the GO 4 app right? Is there anything I'm missing (basic or otherwise)? Thanks!

2017-1-31
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Have you tried just opening the DJI GO 4 app and logging in before turning on the controller? Also some people have had problems using the bottom usb port so when you connect using the side port, is the phone plugged in securely. It has to be pushed all the way in which can be difficult with the holder if your phone is a bit wide.
2017-1-31
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.3
Flight distance : 839633 ft
United Kingdom

I can't connect Mavic to Go 4 either. The mobile I am using is Samsung S7 Edge.
The previous GO app works fine I have flown using it for months but for some reason Go 4 wont connect to the remote at all.
2017-1-31
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Wandering Cloud Posted at 2017-1-31 23:15
I can't connect Mavic to Go 4 either. The mobile I am using is Samsung S7 Edge.
The previous GO app works fine I have flown using it for months but for some reason Go 4 wont connect to the remote at all.

You should try changing the cable. Remove the side and connect your normal USB cable to the bottom of the controller and from there to the phone.
2017-2-1
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

Just to find out if there's a problem in your phone or a problem in the controller, could you try to use the app on another device? If it does not work on another phone/tablet then it's not related to your phone.

Do you still have Dji Go installed? You say that you wiped cache and reinstalled DJI Go 4, but the fact is that the best option is to remove both of them, cleanup, and then get just DJI Go 4.

Have you tried to connect other things on your phone's usb to verify that it is indeed working as expected?

Another thing I can recall now, is that my usb socket of the G7 gets a lot of dust inside from time to time. What I use to do is take a soft toothbrush and use it gently to remove all the dust that gets in there, it's solved a lot of troubles for me (with the S7 and with an S5 that would not charge at all when plugged in)
2017-2-1
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.3
Flight distance : 839633 ft
United Kingdom

CuaC Posted at 2017-2-1 01:22
You should try changing the cable. Remove the side and connect your normal USB cable to the bottom of the controller and from there to the phone.

Everything worked with GO 3 but it just won't connect with GO 4.  Same cable same unit same everything.
2017-2-1
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

Wandering Cloud Posted at 2017-2-1 02:21
Everything worked with GO 3 but it just won't connect with GO 4.  Same cable same unit same everything.

Have you uninstalled the Go3? uninstall both apps, cleanup their folders, reconnect.

And by the way, lots of cables stop working after a while, so even if it was working, it's worth just trying your central remote port with a different cable...
2017-2-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello FlyHighX, do you have another mobile device to test with? Just want to rule out if it's an issue with mobile device or RC itself.
2017-2-6
Use props
fansf6289db3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 857352 ft
United States

I have this same issue with Galaxy S5... won't work with my P3Adv or P4Pro.  Change to MTP... it immediately switches back to Charging.  Plug it into my laptop... change to MTP... it stays with that setting.  I think something changed in the Samsung firmware. This is really a problem that DJI needs to address.
2017-2-13
Use props
djiuser_VnW1JFC
New
Philippines

I have this same issue with OPPO R7 Plus..But worked on my OPPO F1 PLus
2018-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules