Loss of signal/Mavic pro loss of control
1599 5 2017-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jawjeea
New

Vanuatu

Good afternoon,

I received my DJI Mavic pro the week after xmas 2016. Within my 3rd flight, I had my first major loss of signal issue.
I was flying it over this lagoon/bay, for the first 4 minutes no issues. Then a 'No signal' meesage came up on the DJI GO app on my phone. I had loss signal and connection and couldn't control my aircraft (it tried landing itself in the lagoon and kept moving around without me controlling it) the Mavic pro was only about 3-4 metres of the ground and about 5 metres away from me at the time of signal loss, I had a friend catch it and then the aircraft turned itself off. The next day I did all the needed aircraft updates, and so forth. I took it to the beach, flew it without any issues over the water, but when I went to take a group sphoto over land, loss of signal once again, however this time it didnt go crazy it just hovered in one spot until it reestablished connection by itself. It was about 2/3 metres away from me and 2 metres off the ground.
Today I went back to the same lagoon as in the first incident, first 5 minutes no problem, but then loss of signal message appeared, however I still had full control with the sticks and managed to land it as it reestablished connection as I tried landing it. Once again, couldnt have been any more than 8 metres away from me.
About an hour later, I went to a coconut plantation field and wanted to take a few shots flying through the coconut trees. After about 2 minutes, about 3 metres off the ground, loss of signal. It said I was 'disconnected on the dji go app" and then it went straight up, starting spinning and went off, straight into the direction off a coconut tree, nearly hit it.. Then landed right where it was?

I am very new to drone flying, I have done all the latest firmware updates, GPS mode on and gps on my phone on.

Could the fact that all 3 incidents occured in the same region/suburb have anything to do with it?

Please help!

Georgia
2017-1-31
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

To get more forum members to help you, you might want to provide more information:
  • You mentioned you were using DJI Go App. (Latest DJI Mavic Pro User Manual mentions to use the DJI Go 4 App as it is optimised for it)
  • You mentioned you've performed all the necessary firmware updates, what's the current firmware your Mavic and your controller on?
  • Have you looked at your flight logs? (You can access that via the DJI Go 4 App > Tap on enter Device > Tap on top right corner menu > Tap on the last menu to enable General Settings > Scroll down and tap on Flight Logs > Tap on the flight which you had issues with.
  • Have you exported your flight logs for DJI to assist in reviewing?
  • Have you exported your flight logs to www.healthydrones.com so forum members can assist?

Might just help speed up the process.

2017-1-31
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
United States

Agree with cluc. Provide all the details and we'll try to help you understand what's going on. Your unit might have some kind of defect.
2017-1-31
Use props
jawjeea
New

Vanuatu

cluc Posted at 2017-1-31 22:02
To get more forum members to help you, you might want to provide more information:
  • You mentioned you were using DJI Go App. (Latest DJI Mavic Pro User Manual mentions to use the DJI Go 4 App as it is optimised for it)

• How do you export to flight logs to DJI assist?
    2017-1-31
    Use props
    TLC
    lvl.1
    Flight distance : 2224 ft
    Germany

I have the same issue ....
    2017-2-1
    Use props
    cluc
    lvl.3
    Flight distance : 85682 ft
    Australia

jawjeea Posted at 2017-1-31 23:15
    How do you export to flight logs to DJI assist?

For DJI:
    • Plug the cable (the one used for charging the remote controller) into your Mavic, then plug the USB into your computer.
    • Run DJI Assistant 2 on your computer. (You should have already downloaded and installed the software via http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads and logged in with your DJI account)
    • Turn on your remote controller and then your Mavic.
    • The DJI Assistant 2 should find your Mavic and connect to it. (First time might take a while as it will download/install the required drivers)
    • Click on the Mavic Pro in the connected devices.
    • On the left menu there should be an option to export the log files.

For HealthyDrones:

2017-2-1
    Use props
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules