Flight Record Not Recorded
1589 3 2017-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Today I had 4 flights. In thje DJI GO 4 app all my previous flight records are there but only 2 from today. The 3rd flight cut out after 1 minute (I flew for around 8 minutes) and the 4th flight is not recorded at all.
Anyone know what may have caused this.
2017-1-31
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

I uploaded the flight records to Healthydrones to see if there was any further information. It shows the first and second flights normally. The third flight has a missing section and the 4th flight has 2 separate flights with similar information but only for a few seconds. The 4th flight says no video taken but I have a complete video file. I won't be happy if this keeps happening and causes a loss of control. The DJI GO 4 app just disconnected a couple of times and I had to restart it. Obviously this affects the logs.
DJI don't seem to be interested as I have had no response from them either.
2017-2-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Jenee, flight records will not be recorded if the aircraft disconnect with the controller or app disconnect with the controller.
Could you please clarify what mobile device are you using?
As for your 4th flight, was DJI Go app keeps disconnecting?
2017-2-2
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-2 23:28
Hello Jenee, flight records will not be recorded if the aircraft disconnect with the controller or app disconnect with the controller.
Could you please clarify what mobile device are you using?
As for your 4th flight, was DJI Go app keeps disconnecting?

Hi Mindy
I am currently using a Pixel XL but initially had a phone that was approved but it would always crash when I opened the app. I have since learned that many people have similar problems and it seems to be related to the app and some combinations of phone/android version. I used to just start the app in portrait and once fully loaded, turned it to landscape but after the app crashing during flight,  I have now turned off screen rotation and did not have any problems on the 4 flights I had today.  On the previous occasion when the app kept closing in flight, I am not sure what happened as the DGI GO 4 app has only 3 flights listed for that day. 2 normal and one of only 40 seconds. I uploaded the data to Healthydrones and it shows 5 flights, the first 2 are normal, the 3rd, I took off and never landed and the last 2 were only a few seconds and both attempting to land.
I will leave the screen rotation turned off for the time being but I am not totally happy having to do that because I don't get the full view from the camera filling the screen as it shops off a bit from both ends.
I really think this is something that the DJI app writers should fix.
2017-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules