Active Track - Questions
1168 3 2017-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trent Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1098924 ft
United Kingdom

Looking for a bit of help please with regards to Active Track.

I've got 72 flights (7h30m) on my Mavic now and getting pretty comfortable with the manual handling with all sensors enabled (when they're working!)

I'm starting to try out the extra features now like Active Track etc but I'm very cautious cause I know it flights it's own way and if you don't keep an eye on it, and you're too low you can end up hitting things! Very careful with £1350 flying around the sky!

Anyway, I was trying out Active Track on a stationary car and then the car pulling away normally to approx 30mph. The Mavic tracks perfectly and smoothly however sometimes stays put where it is or if it does follow it won't do anymore than approx 10mph, sometimes less and the car gets away and Mavic loses it.

I know the Mavic has got a good lock on the stationary vehicle to start with and get a little car symbol next to the GO button (that I am pushing!). I've seen some videos of people demonstrating it at much higher speeds than 10mph. Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong?

Any help greatly appreciated!
2017-2-1
Use props
OhOhDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 526076 ft
United States

I have had problems with Active Track when put in an orbital path. I think the drone has problems recognizing the object since the side profiles do change if you orbit. I seem to have issues with vehicles but not so much human objects. I do have more luck if the vehicle is stationary vs moving.
Nevertheless. I was successful in orbiting a truck in Profile Mode going 20 mph resulting in some awesome footage!
2017-2-1
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Germany

Impressive flight time, glad that you like your Mavic. I have recently received mine and think it is a little perfect work horse. No problems at all with flying. How ever I was trying to test this active track also but I never find the "spotlight" or the other modes for some reason. On iOS and latest  version on DJI go 4.

I wonder if it makes a difference if you are from the side or like upwards behind the "object"?
Have you seen any differences there?
2017-2-1
Use props
Trent Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1098924 ft
United Kingdom

Yeh thinking height and the angle together probably isn't helping. I'll have to find an open area where I can "trust" the automation
2017-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules