P4P camera problems
670 2 2017-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Visalia Califor
lvl.2
United States

Got the P4P and it flies pretty well with a few small concerns but the camera is not doing too great. Freezing, studder, glitches on video. I downloaded the video directly from the microSD right to my tablet and PC and it still looks the same. I notice this freezing while I am taking the video too. I changed out the microSD for a 95/95MBs SanDisk 128GB and its still happening.

From my experience this looks like a hardware bottleneck. It happens much more while the P4P is moving. I hope this is not the case but at in any case I'm not paying $1500 to be a product beta tester. When I go buy a video camera or any other brand product it had better work the way it was intended or back it goes.

I really would pay $3k+ for a high quality and turnkey product but in these forums and others I see problems on any platform. I tried to choose the version with the least issues as I really do want to use the product and support the industry. The product I buy however needs to be thoroughly tested and working correctly before it arrives in my paying hands.

I didn't see too many issues with the P4P other than the "pulse" problem which I was prepared to live with and the home point and flyaway problem which I hoped wouldn't happen but this camera glitch thing is way beyond what I can over look.

I would like to know if any of you have the P4P which operates as intended. Is this just something you guys live with and edit out or should I be seeing smooth video with no problems?

2017-2-1
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Change your frequency to 2,4 and auto and in the camera video coding change it to h264 and let us know
2017-2-1
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

With the exception of live feed artifacts (which could be due to my older, slower tablet), mine operates as intended, but I never shoot at higher than 1080p at 60fps, so I may not be taxing my quad as much as you tax yours.
2017-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules