Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro without ANY defects?
12Next >
2634 55 2017-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NugGerath
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135118 ft
Poland

Hi,

Is there a person which can tell "My Mavic is 100% functional right now and didnt have any flaws in the past"?

I`m asking because right now, when the "second wave" of dispatched Mavics was received by consumers there is a kind of a flood of "faults/errors/strange behaviors/poor quality/etc" topics around many forums. I`m aware of that, the people which have functional Mavics don`t spend a lot of the time on forums but...the amount of negative feelings about Mavic is quite high.

So is there a person which didnt have any problems (non user faults of course) with his Mavic (past or current ones)?
2017-2-1
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Germany

I must say that I'm quite happy with mine. Only got a small problem with DJI GO 4 not really a problem with the app I think it is my own "fault".

http://forum.dji.com/thread-82507-1-1.html
2017-2-1
Use props
UtopianCrew
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5213 ft
United States

Mine is perfectly fine. I have yet to find any problems!
2017-2-1
Use props
fans6394d9c6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69787 ft
United States

Mine is 100%.   Only had out about 6 times (it's winter where I live) but has flown great.   Just sold my P3A
2017-2-1
Use props
fanseb96bbe7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5653 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm extremely happy with my Mavic. Just followed all the recommended calibrations and mine is working flawlessly. Very Happy. Quality product.
2017-2-1
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

I would think by far, the majority of persons who have PERFECT mavics? arent logging onto a forum to say.."its perfect"

just my guess.

So responses here arent statistically meaningful
2017-2-1
Use props
Hondas3000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5643 ft
Canada

knock on wood but mine is so far so good.  Received it on Jan 16 and did about 10 fly so far.  Although I don't deal with any update or calibration except the compass but the rest is up to date out of the box.   But I know what you mean that's why I am here quite often just to learn more in case I having problem and know how to fix.  What I learn so far is there is no fix except need to send in .   Pretty much everything require us to send in as there is no easy fix and yet sometime the problem never get fix when return.
2017-2-1
Use props
NugGerath
lvl.1
Poland

fans90d4f438 Posted at 2017-2-1 11:22
I would think by far, the majority of persons who have PERFECT mavics? arent logging onto a forum to say.."its perfect"

just my guess.

The topic is not for statistic purposes, only to calm down a bit grim moods which started to happen here and there. Escpecially in people which allready paid and waiting...and reading all that "bad stuff". It is always good to read "my MP working fine" from other people
2017-2-1
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Germany

fans90d4f438 Posted at 2017-2-1 11:22

just my guess.

I totally think you are right about that people with working ones are not here to the same extent as the ones with the non working ones. It could be worth something for the persons that are waiting or just have received theirs cause I personally was so scared to read all stuff here before I got mine I was actually thinking about cancelling and get a P4Pro but than they hade some bad days in the forum as well which made me stick to my first choice which I'm at the moment is so very happy with.

Happy flying
2017-2-1
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Germany

NugGerath Posted at 2017-2-1 11:28
The topic is not for statistic purposes, only to calm down a bit grim moods which started to happen here and there. Escpecially in people which allready paid and waiting...and reading all that "bad stuff". It is always good to read "my MP working fine" from other people

Have you gotten one or are you expecting :-)
2017-2-1
Use props
NugGerath
lvl.1
Poland

Flybee Posted at 2017-2-1 11:31
Have you gotten one or are you expecting :-)

Expecting one, waiting for Chinese New Year to pass to get authentication and stuff.

Btw - you guessed perfectly my intention - it is good to read "something positive" between the mostly negative topics.
2017-2-1
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Germany

NugGerath Posted at 2017-2-1 11:33
Expecting one, waiting for Chinese New Year to pass to get authentication and stuff.

Btw - you guessed perfectly my intention  - it is good to read "something positive" between the mostly negative topics.

Aha, OK, then I understand your concern. I hope time will fly for you.

Yes it's good to have some nice feedback for a change. I had some issues with my phantom 3 and this was a really good source for getting help so now when things are working out well I think there is time to return some of the help I got before, even if it's not to the same people.

Good luck when yours arrive and I can tell you it's worth waiting for
2017-2-1
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Knock on wood, plastic, metal. air or what ever... MP.P4P,P4P+ No issues so far.
2017-2-1
Use props
AndyG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78714 ft
United Kingdom

So far so good. Only flown 3 batteries so far, but I have had no issues what so ever. Haven't been prompted to or done any calibrations (compass or IMU), just flown straight out of the box. Have only flown outdoors in GPS mode, haven't yet been in OPTI or ATTI mode. After reading here and on other forums about all the fly always in ATTI mode I really wish there was a way to force ATTI mode like the Phantom series, so I could test and practice ATTI mode in a controlled environment.
2017-2-1
Use props
Vertical.Creati
lvl.3
United States

The only issues I've encountered were due to ESTO problems (Equipment Superior To Operator)
2017-2-1
Use props
emirates901
lvl.2

United States

My mavic had an issue out of the box. Here is what I'll say... I think majority of the mavics are in good shape and most of the people on here are people like me drowning our sorrows.

However what I can tell you for certain is that IF you end up having issues with your bird and you send it in for repairs, you are in for a ride. The phone and online chat are as useless as they can get. They cannot provide any additional information and your best bet is coming on here and hoping a mod sees you throwing your toys out of the pram and offering to 'look at it'. Other than that, their shipping is slow, communication is horrible and you just cannot do anything about it but come to the forums and cry.

If I were you, I'd buy the drone. Just hope and pray that you do not ever have to deal with their support team.
2017-2-1
Use props
NugGerath
lvl.1
Poland

emirates901 Posted at 2017-2-1 11:54
My mavic had an issue out of the box. Here is what I'll say... I think majority of the mavics are in good shape and most of the people on here are people like me drowning our sorrows.

However what I can tell you for certain is that IF you end up having issues with your bird and you send it in for repairs, you are in for a ride. The phone and online chat are as useless as they can get. They cannot provide any additional information and your best bet is coming on here and hoping a mod sees you throwing your toys out of the pram and offering to 'look at it'. Other than that, their shipping is slow, communication is horrible and you just cannot do anything about it but come to the forums and cry.

Yeah, i noticed that the DJI have "not the best" lightly said customer service
2017-2-1
Use props
gibbd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18980 ft
United Kingdom

touch wood.... all fine so far
2017-2-1
Use props
Alex SP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112549 ft
Brazil

I´m very satisfied with my Mavic. Maybe I have low expectations. But I´m only dealing with what is to be expected from such device. Which are the same small issues I´ve dealt with DJI quads/support in the past, at this stage. Mine´s flying and shooting fine, and it´s taken some abuse I must confess.

And in all honesty, that´s already a whole lot less issues than what I´ve dealt with in my R/C hobby days. Which I can only see as a bonus in itself LOL.
2017-2-1
Use props
Hambone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 693209 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have flown mine many times with no defects.
2017-2-1
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I'm not sure if you'd qualify my Mavic as first or second wave (probably late first), but I'd describe it as 100% functional and the only complaint / problem I've had is the OA being triggered by relatively bright light sources like the sun. That problem is just a minor nuisance that doesn't have much of an impact on my ability to use it, though.

Considering the amount of complexity that must be involved in engineering a machine like this, the fact that it's a new (first-generation Mavic) model, and the fact that most owners seem happy with it, I'd be feeling pretty good about myself right now if I were a DJI employee that was responsible for the Mavic's design. I know that's probably no comfort to those who've had problems, but when it does work the way it's supposed to it's an amazing machine.
2017-2-1
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

I'm 100% satisfied! Not one single problem.
2017-2-1
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Everyone talks about Chinese New Year like the celebration is the first time & it goes until April.  

Just did my 76th flight with my 3rd Mavic.  I believe I've gotten mine as close to "perfect" as possible.  It still likes to drift with the wind and has the slowwwww yaw to the right when hovering.  But that's only when I'm trying to take pictures, of course.  

The real question should be "Do you NOTICE imperfections in the first place?"  Most people are oblivious to fine details.  That & maintaining political correctness here versus just stating what the ACTUAL issue is in any certain case.
2017-2-1
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I'm 18 flights in with a mid-January delivery, and for me it's flown beautifully. I've only begun to figure out all the features, though I feel I've given Active Track a good first pass, I haven't stress tested it with faster movement than a brisk walk. I live within the Washington DC NFZ and have had some interesting experiences at the borders of the NFZ that are not documented so well, but afaict it's working as designed.
2017-2-1
Use props
ticktockdocker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5341 ft
United States

10 hours of flight time. The MP disconnected from the App once. Had to restart the app while the MP was mid-air. Every now and then, particularly on windy days I get a hiccough in the video for a frame or two. It's low light capability is sorely lacking. I don't consider these flaws and, for the price point, am extremely pleased.
2017-2-1
Use props
Irish
lvl.2

United States

Mine has been perfect out of the box.  No calibrations or anything.  Turned off beginner mode after about 5 minutes and away we go.  I've only flown 3 batteries so far but I Love this thing..
2017-2-1
Use props
Stewie Griffin
lvl.2
Canada

To all the people who report having a perfect Mavic, I wonder if you have looked very carefully at your pics.  I come from a photography background, so I'm a little more picky, but after reading about the issues with the red/pink centre, and seeing it in so many other samples, I do think most Mavics might have this issue.  DJI Ken has provided a PDF explaining the problem and saying they are working on a fix.  I am on my second Mavic since the first one had a blurry right side, and although I didn't notice it on the first one before I sent it back, after going over my images, I do see it now.

Here are some samples to illustrate.  The first is a standard bridge.  We can assume the pavement is uniform from left to right, but in the centre, you can see the tiniest bit of yellowing.  This is a JPG straight from camera, only resized.

If I now open up the DNG in photoshop and use the pavement for white balance that isn't in the centre, the issue is more pronounced.

When you are trying to dial in proper white balance, it makes things difficult.  I also wonder what part of the sensor the Mavic uses for the AWB because clearly this will affect things, depending on what part of the image its sampling.

Now I know that Ken said don't use white walls for testing, but I see no reason why.  It may be that the Mavic is designed to work best during daylight hours, but most sensors do not have an issue with a white wall, even very cheap sensors.  Here is a JPEG straight from camera, only resized.  In the upper corner you see me holding a white balance tool that is neutral gray.  Was moving it around different parts of the image to do testing.  The flawed centre is obvious.  The bottom left corner is dark, but its a shadow from something in the way.  The lighting is actually daylight coming in through the window on the left.

Lastly, while doing tests at night under artificial light, I came across this image.  Its difficult to recreate actually, and its clearly blurry cause I'm holding the Mavic and the shutter speed isn't fast enough, but wow... where did that come from?  Its also an original JPEG, only resized.

I do believe many/most Mavics have this problem.  I don't see how this sensor/lens is any smaller than on a phone camera, and most of those work very well, but that is the explanation.  Hopefully they fix it cause they are working on it.

So to everyone who says they have a perfect Mavic, look for this issue and feel free to post samples.
2017-2-1
Use props
SpeedVision
lvl.2
Flight distance : 516168 ft
United States

About 15 hours, zero problems.  
2017-2-1
Use props
fans2b75c050
lvl.2

United States

Just got my MAVIC combo today. Worked perfect out of the box. No firmware update , only vision system and compass calibration was needed. After a lot of stress from shipping time , it wasn't needed. Love it so far
2017-2-1
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.3
Flight distance : 839633 ft
United Kingdom

First one blurry on the left side and second one blurry on the right.  I can't wait to see what the 3rd one will do.
2017-2-1
Use props
tokenbrit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384094 ft
Portugal

100% awesome
2017-2-1
Use props
NugGerath
lvl.1
Poland

Wandering Cloud Posted at 2017-2-1 22:29
First one blurry on the left side and second one blurry on the right.  I can't wait to see what the 3rd one will do.

Center maybe ? (sorry, poor joke).
2017-2-1
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

No issues to report here.
2017-2-1
Use props
dronesnz64
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101332 ft
New Zealand

Slight issue with some blurring on the right edge, but I'm able to rectify this to a decent extent in post-processing. Other than that, this thing flies like a dream.
2017-2-2
Use props
lachyb
lvl.2
United Kingdom

this thread is really reassuring

been waiting months for my mavic and then I had to tell them to hold off delivery for 4 days as I'm down in Warwick for work. Can't wait to get home tomorrow and see mr DPD knock at my door.
2017-2-2
Use props
Chriscycling
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Only one done on short flight but no issues so far. All the waiting means I'm an expert on Mavic setup etc. One key tip is put your phone into flight mode when flying - interference from Wifi and BT seem to cause many of the range/RTH issues.
2017-2-2
Use props
MPDC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 245902 ft
  • >>>
United States

Received Mavic today charged everything- came with firmware upgrade - calibrated compass and gimbal - installed s7edge -3 batts later perfect flights no drop outs no errors and no problem right out of the box. So much for issues
2017-2-2
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

I have had no problems, and my flights are in 35-40 degree weather with winds pushing the threshold; and this is my first drone. I have forgotten to remove the gimbal bracket almost every time (despite a sticker I put on the nose) and once, well never mind. I have mastered the advanced flight features and now use active track to circle around me at the pistol range to study my form; performs flawlessly over a bed of pure white snow. Coolest Damn thing ever.
Regards,
-d.
2017-2-2
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

Mine flies and operates absolutely perfectly, however the right 1/5th of my camera's field of view is blurry because of focal plane misalignment. It's coming back from DJI service tomorrow so hopefully it is fixed with a new camera and they haven't just replaced my entire drone.
2017-2-2
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

I have had no problems, and my flights are in 35-40 degree weather with winds pushing the threshold; and this is my first drone. I have forgotten to remove the gimbal bracket almost every time (despite a sticker I put on the nose) and once, well never mind. I have mastered the advanced flight features and now use active track to circle around me at the pistol range to study my form; performs flawlessly over a bed of pure white snow. Coolest dang thing ever.
Regards,
-d.
2017-2-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules