Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

lachyb Posted at 2017-2-2 02:24
this thread is really reassuring

been waiting months for my mavic and then I had to tell them to hold off delivery for 4 days as I'm down in Warwick for work. Can't wait to get home tomorrow and see mr DPD knock at my door.

DPD = Drone Postal Delivery?
Regards,
-d.
2017-2-2
Use props
Mavi A
lvl.2
Flight distance : 498980 ft
United Kingdom

I've had mine since 28th Dec. No problems and 50+ flights done now. Taking lots of time to master moving shots with more than one control. I've been flying out over the sea most days and have some cool shots a few feet above the water.. sports mode is great when you have space to play and fly around safely ;)
2017-2-2
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

Got mine today...perfect...no issues whatsoever
2017-2-2
Use props
Fernanditu
lvl.2

Peru

No defects here... so far
2017-2-2
Use props
Grumps
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16610876 ft
United States

I am really enjoying this. Got mine Dec 29th and per HealthyDrones I have 196 flights, 395 miles, 48 hrs of flight time and no problems with the bird or the controller. Had 4 app crashes (3 litchi, 1 Go4). I use a Galaxy s7 when I use a phone and an nvidia k1 tablet for most flights. I am not a professional photographer but the video and pictures look fantastic to me, especially with ND/PL filters.
2017-2-2
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Mine arrived to my parents house yesterday (I live abroad and will be visiting them in a week for a long holiday, so I sent it there) so I can't speak for myself. However on a regional facebook group I read I've only seen 1 mavic failing (broken gimbal) and it was delivered broken (smashed probably by the delivery guy)
2017-2-3
Use props
lachyb
lvl.2
United Kingdom

bunny too Posted at 2017-2-2 15:48
DPD = Drone Postal Delivery?
Regards,
-d.

DPD is the company DJI are using to deliver the mavic (like FedEx)
2017-2-3
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

lachyb Posted at 2017-2-3 01:01
DPD is the company DJI are using to deliver the mavic (like FedEx)

Ah.. I thought perhaps you had drones delivering drones.
Regards,
-d.
2017-2-4
Use props
phillbarnes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40367 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I don't think i have had any faults with any of my DJI products except for my own stupidity, I'm pleased to say.
2017-2-4
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 778209 ft
United Kingdom

After almost a month of flying, my Mavic flies very well, no issues. I had video problems and only realised after my 3rd flight. i did a lot of research, told DJI about it and added to the Jello discussion. DJI Support sent me steps to follow to render the issue, their responds time was below 24 hours. I did what was recommended by DJI Support and I have crystal clear, sharp clips. VERY HAPPY WITH WHAT IT CAN DO. Unreal, can I recommend flying around just to figure out what its made of in terms of power and ability. Very happy the FOV is not as wide as the OSMO. FOV is brillant
2017-2-4
Use props
DCTL
New

France

well so far my mavic is completely good I guess, got it for over a month flew it for around ten times. there's a glitch with the signal and stuff but I don't think that count as flaw?
2017-2-4
Use props
lachyb
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So after reading this thread i thought i'd be happy. Unfortunately I'm not. After waiting 3 months and then paying an extra £100 to get it looks like the sensor is out of place. Image is soft on the right hand side which is a common complain from people. Facepalm moment
2017-2-4
Use props
D3rR4lf
New

Germany

Stewie Griffin Posted at 2017-2-1 15:26
To all the people who report having a perfect Mavic, I wonder if you have looked very carefully at your pics.  I come from a photography background, so I'm a little more picky, but after reading about the issues with the red/pink centre, and seeing it in so many other samples, I do think most Mavics might have this issue.  DJI Ken has provided a PDF explaining the problem and saying they are working on a fix.  I am on my second Mavic since the first one had a blurry right side, and although I didn't notice it on the first one before I sent it back, after going over my images, I do see it now.

Here are some samples to illustrate.  The first is a standard bridge.  We can assume the pavement is uniform from left to right, but in the centre, you can see the tiniest bit of yellowing.  This is a JPG straight from camera, only resized.

Same here on my second Mavic, but even more pronounced.
Strange enough, it's only showing in JPGs.
When I open the DNG files in Lightroom, they are perfectly fine.
But JPGs and movies are horrible.

Here a screen grab from a 4K clip of a white wall with "Art" color style.

The first Mavic went back because one side had a blurry part; very hard to notice, because it was on the upper half of the picture, where most of the time the sky is.
2017-2-4
Use props
Stewie Griffin
lvl.2
Canada

D3rR4lf Posted at 2017-2-4 11:44
Same here on my second Mavic, but even more pronounced.
Strange enough, it's only showing in JPGs.
When I open the DNG files in Lightroom, they are perfectly fine.

That's interesting.  My first Mavic also went back because of a blurry lens, but it was on the right side, and 1/5 was quite noticeable.  This new drone, although sharp, has a big white balance problem with the DNG's being far too blue.  I can see the JPEG doing a decent job of compensating, but because JPEGs are useless since the processing is so strong and hence cuts out all the resolution, using DNG's is a must.

I do think though that most Mavics have this centre image problem, its just that some maybe have it worse than others, or some are more keen to notice it.
2017-2-4
Use props
Gotters
lvl.3
Flight distance : 553976 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mine has been perfect out the box - only received this week and had done a lot of youtube 'research' so knew what to do, how to calibrate, order to do things in (little tips like matching up the props with the white marks)

did a little setup tweaking gimbal settings to make it a little smoother (found a nice vid) and seen to 4k 30fps record, but otherwise left settings as out the box

took out yesterday for the first time and it was beautiful, controlled nicely out the box, latest iOS app didn't crash once, return to home worked perfectly and the niceness of the experience got me past the nervous moments quickly as a total drone noob, and into enjoying the flying really quickly.

of course having typed this it will fly itself into a lake today but so far whole experience has been great, very happy with the Mavic.
2017-2-4
Use props
Dronadicto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 181253 ft
Peru

Mine is perfect
2017-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules