Crashed my Phantom filming some balloons.
1210 7 2017-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DillPickleAdil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184577 ft
Canada

I recently went out of warranty too, so guess this is coming out of my pocket. The gimbal is working and I have perfectly fine propellors, but the IMU is not calibrating and the accelerometer is saying that it is not right or something like that. Anyone got any solutions, this is my first crash after a year and a half, super dissapointed.

2017-2-1
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Balloons and drones don't mix. There are other videos on Youtube with crashes involving balloons.
2017-2-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Tough lesson. Best to avoid such an error, by steering clear... ;-)

Fun video, non the less.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-1
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D395%26typeid%3D395
2017-2-1
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

Note to self dont ever fly next to anything in air.
2017-2-1
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

It's not just the balloons.  To me it looked like you were way too close to those power lines on a few occasions.
2017-2-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It's most likely an main controller issue, it would be best to send it in to DJI for service. They do provide invoices before initiating any repairs so you can choose whether to move forward.
2017-2-1
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Balloons and similar objects that float about are to be kept away from ... they tend to get drawn into props if not careful ..............

We do a lot of Limbo and streamer flying at shows with our club ... guess what !!

We did try balloons once ... once was enough ! Only time they are OK is when tied to a stick !!

My sympathy ... hope it all gets fixed soon.

Note : I noticed the focus went all fuzzy at times on the video - was that your processing of video or auto-focus of camera not knowing what to lock onto ?

Nigel
2017-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules