Max Speed
1797 13 2017-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
uaservices
lvl.1
Flight distance : 262785 ft

United States

I am seeing top speeds in Sport mode of 60's and 70's MPH (with a backwind), can this be right or is the Go 4 app measuring in Kph and listing it as MPH?
2017-2-1
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

yes, it's a fail
2017-2-1
Use props
Bilzc10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 351575 ft
United States

good way to answer your last question: next flight, set units to imperial, fly in one direction, record max speed, switch to metric (km), fly in the same direction and record max speed. if they both read the same number followed by mph or kph (depending on the unit selected at the time) you know one of them is wrong.
2017-2-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

The top speed of a P4 is 45 mph in sports mode, but that's in dead calm.  So if you add the tail wind, you can see it's possible to achieve very high ground speeds.  If you add gusts, you'll go even faster.  
Here's a great site to check on wind speeds and gusts at elevated heights in your area:  www.windytv.com
2017-2-1
Use props
The_Death_Angel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 134062 ft
Australia

I was doing a range test yesterday on my P4 and was flying over a river from bridge to bridge which are approx. 3km distance apart. On the way back (in sports mode) i reached 76km/h according to the flight logs. I didn't realise the thing could fly that quick!

Sorry, slightly off topic.
2017-2-1
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-2-1 14:42
The top speed of a P4 is 45 mph in sports mode, but that's in dead calm.  So if you add the tail wind, you can see it's possible to achieve very high ground speeds.  If you add gusts, you'll go even faster.  
Here's a great site to check on wind speeds and gusts at elevated heights in your area:  www.windytv.com

Thanks, for this it is actually accurate, dont use uavforecast.
2017-2-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You wouldn't be launching the Phantom if there was a strong enough wind to push it that fast and if you did, you wouldn't get the Phantom back.
2017-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The_Death_Angel Posted at 2017-2-1 15:35
I was doing a range test yesterday on my P4 and was flying over a river from bridge to bridge which are approx. 3km distance apart. On the way back (in sports mode) i reached 76km/h according to the flight logs. I didn't realise the thing could fly that quick!

Sorry, slightly off topic.

That's about right 76kph in sports is top speed,
2017-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yes it's a bug dji are aware so should be sorted in upcoming soft wear..
2017-2-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

KevDrones Posted at 2017-2-1 15:51

Yeah the windytv is a bit of a learning curve but it's worth it.  I check the GFS and the Euro at 330 ft, and then I look at uavforecast at 450 ft and then I avg everything out.  The nam only gives surface winds.  Then before I head out directly into a strong wind, I set the gimbal to FPV mode so the camera will tilt with the AC and I can then tell if the forecasted wind direction is correct or if I have to adjust a little.  Then when I finally get out far enough and turn around, I know exactly what direction the wind is blowing before I slam it into ATTI for the quick ride home.
2017-2-2
Use props
BenStein
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2066532 ft
United States

Yes its KPH not MPH. Silly bug. You can double check another way also: open your flight log in DJI Go 4 amd scroll thrpugh your flight. I found that even though the app imcorrectly shows KPH when flying, the flight log review in the app properly converts to MPH when reviewing.
2017-2-2
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

KevDrones Posted at 2017-2-1 15:51

To get wind speeds at various altitudes in uavforecast, you need to go into the settings and set the desired altitude.   It will be fairly accurate for the desired height.
2017-2-2
Use props
timbo
lvl.2
United States

with my p3a I sometimes see 41 mph
2017-2-2
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

What is FPV mode and the other mode mean?
2017-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules