Why did my Mavic not respond
2882 45 2017-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
twh1968
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The video shows the mavic flying backwards when it was in fact facing to the left of the screen as you look at it. The healthy drones screen shots show plenty of satellites , battery life and everything configured correctly. Can anyone shed any light ?
2017-2-5
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Seems to me you saw it drift in atti and paniced, shows you pulled down to land but also went full reverse, the drone just following your command. Calibrate the thing and read the manual. You should see GPS on the controller before takeoff. Maybe fly a toy drone for awhile and get used to it before you burn 1000 dollars.
2017-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

twh1968 Posted at 2017-2-5 13:30
At last , managed to download the video to YouTube. Here's the link   https://youtu.be/XydfQR95uho

I'm not 100% sure but almost together you pushed left stick down and right stick down and the AC did as you commanded, just before you did this you can see you yawed AC around 23% stick movement it's very hard to see this on the video, but it's there, so that's what I can see from that video.

Maybe yourself or others will see something different.
2017-2-5
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ela711 Posted at 2017-2-3 12:48
I just got a new Mavic and my SS S5 would not link up.. I thought it was suppose to be linked via WIFI but not so. Wifi is for wife flying with you cell.. okay I spend hours trying to make the connect  back and forth into setting on my S5 to now avail, so i call DJI told them the problem.. answer.. send it back to us... last time I did that it took 3month before I saw my dji back and inside I resisted. My assistant has the same phone so out of dispare I said Can I borrow your phone. Dump in G4 and  it load right up.. this is the same exact phone I have but it looks like there was a USB driver missing on my phone. Resolution.. gave her $5 and we swapped phone. Wife is for wife and Rc is for Rc and when you connect the double micro usb then talk to each other  with no wifi.. DJI should make that clear... so if  you can't link it up its because you are missing the usb driver.. and must say on the drop down on your cell .. "connect as installer"..Go Fly : )

You should have read the MANUAL...
2017-2-5
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

twh1968 Posted at 2017-2-5 13:30
At last , managed to download the video to YouTube. Here's the link   https://youtu.be/XydfQR95uho

As mentioned above...This video won't help much. you need to download the log to healthydrones.com for more detailed flight info.
2017-2-5
Use props
twh1968
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks for the replies , first reply to thehippoz , the mavic was not in atti mode ! Not according to the flight logs ! I Check the other posts I put on from healthy drones. As I said , the drone was flying away from me , not facing towards me as appears on the video , that's why I pulled back on the right stick , to stop it flying AWAY ! I pulled down on the left stick to try and bring the mavic to the ground , I was flying over a slope. As you can see none of these actions worked ! I am not stupid , I had 15 satellites locked in with excellent gps signal and the green ready to fly signal on the remote. As for panicking, you're right , having £1300 flying away from you with no control  over it is no fun..
2017-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules