1349 7 2017-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DFWdude4DJI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1505531 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awhile back, I had purchased the P4Pro without RC screen. I had not problems and enjoyed flying my new drone for three weeks. Then DJI started to sell their P4Pro+ Remote Controller so I purchased it through B&H to give it a try. I linked the P4P+RC to the drone and everything went fine but I did notice how awful the transmission from RC to P4P. I keep getting a bad frequency, etc. Then when I was flying today, while flying her back to the home point, at about 1,000 feet in distance the P4P+RC screen goes black. I lost visual just like that. At that moment, I stayed calm and relied on the RTH button and she started to come home. Still no visual on the RC. Once she was in view cancelled RTH by pressing the button on the RC and landed her manually. Whew!!! I restarted the RC and the screen came up just fine. But now I'm considering in returning the P4P+RC and get my money back. I'd rather wait until CrystalSky screen come out and get that. Has anyone ever had this issue? Or at least had a similar situation? What went wrong? Thanks in advance.
2017-2-1
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha dude,

There have been some problems with the screen but nothing that is not common with new technology.  The best work-arounds for this type of problem involve going to the HD settings in the General Settings.  There tap on Custom (not Auto).  The default frequency is 2.4 GHz but you can also change it to 5.8 GHz.  In the 2.4 settings look for a stable channel, choose it and then reduce the bitrate to 6 or 4 Mbps.  Give it a try and see if it improves.  You can go back and choose a better channel if need be.

If there is suspected urban style interference in 2.4 GHz, switch to 5.8 GHz and reduce the bitrate again.  See if that works.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-1
Use props
DFWdude4DJI
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-1 19:33
Aloha dude,

There have been some problems with the screen but nothing that is not common with new technology.  The best work-arounds for this type of problem involve going to the HD settings in the General Settings.  There tap on Custom (not Auto).  The default frequency is 2.4 GHz but you can also change it to 5.8 GHz.  In the 2.4 settings look for a stable channel, choose it and then reduce the bitrate to 6 or 4 Mbps.  Give it a try and see if it improves.  You can go back and choose a better channel if need be.

You da man! Mahalo for the info. This will really help me out. I had changed it to 5.8GHz but nothing changed. I'll definitely try changing it to Custom though and find the right channel. Thanks God for TRH though. Once it went black on screen, I immediately switched my mindset to calm survival mode and trusted the device. Will keep you posted and let you know if your suggestion works. It all does make sense  though. Thanks again.
2017-2-1
Use props
Visalia Califor
lvl.2
United States

Ya nice hardware is only as good as the software running it. That's why I use a ipad mini. You might not like Apple but their software is the most robust, turnkey, bulletproof out there. Yes it isn't as easy to see as the DJI display but it won't fail you.
2017-2-2
Use props
fansb2edd25e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 736775 ft
United States

Curious   - were you using the draw function?  I've had Go 4 crash several times when I've been flying it.
2017-2-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DFWdude4DJI Posted at 2017-2-1 19:52
You da man! Mahalo for the info. This will really help me out. I had changed it to 5.8GHz but nothing changed. I'll definitely try changing it to Custom though and find the right channel. Thanks God for TRH though. Once it went black on screen, I immediately switched my mindset to calm survival mode and trusted the device. Will keep you posted and let you know if your suggestion works. It all does make sense  though. Thanks again.

When it went black on screen, do you mean it showed no signal or went fully black?
2017-2-3
Use props
DFWdude4DJI
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-3 00:31
When it went black on screen, do you mean it showed no signal or went fully black?

Totally black BUT I could still control the drone via LOS (Line of Sight).
2017-2-7
Use props
multirotorrd.co
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6176932 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

hi It happens to me the same, especially when I record 4k and I pass to photography
2017-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules