Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Litchi, help! Resolved.
9441 21 2017-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Just bought the app and installed it on my tablet. When I run it I get a error on the screen; Cannot connect to DJI servers to verify app. Already connected to internet? Please try a different connection.... I have a good wifi connection to the internet so I don't know why I cannot connect. The app will not connect to my P3 either, just get the Red DISCONNECTED box in the top center of the screen. I have unistalled the DJI Go app for now, so there is no conflict with Litchi.
2017-2-2
Use props
BarrieG14
New

United States

What tablet have you installed it on?
2017-2-2
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
United Kingdom

An Alba 16GB. I have used this exclusively for running DJI Go since getting my P3, so I doubt it is the tablet.
2017-2-2
Use props
BarrieG14
New

United States

If you go in to your settings>apps>DJI GO>Clear Defaults.  That is an issue that sometimes occurs as your tablet still has the DJI Go app set as default.
2017-2-2
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Tis all sorted! Looks like it is my tablet as I installed Litchi on my phone and had no issues, connected OK and all settings were accessible (DJI Go app installed on this device as well). I knew about the DJI Go conflicts, which is why I unistalled it.
Looks like I will be tablet shopping in the next few days then.
2017-2-2
Use props
Retired2Golf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2054 ft
United States

It only has 1gb of ram. I don't think it will run Litchi with that little ram. They recomment a minimum of 2gb.
2017-2-2
Use props
Retired2Golf
lvl.2
United States

It only has 1gb of ram. I don't think it will run Litchi with that little ram. They recomment a minimum of 2gb.
2017-2-2
Use props
Retired2Golf
lvl.2
United States

It only has 1gb of ram. Litchi recommends a minimum of 2gb. May be part of the problem.
2017-2-2
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

MerlinL14 Posted at 2017-2-2 07:02
Tis all sorted! Looks like it is my tablet as I installed Litchi on my phone and had no issues, connected OK and all settings were accessible (DJI Go app installed on this device as well). I knew about the DJI Go conflicts, which is why I unistalled it.
Looks like I will be tablet shopping in the next few days then.

The error you are describing is shown for the 1st time the app tries to open on your device, when it can't communicate with DJI servers for whatever reason. Also, if you have DJI on your tablet, you must 1st "Force-Stop" the Go app before you open Litchi. Litchi needs to have a good internet connection to verify with the DJI severs. After is does you don't receive the message any more. I know you said you uninstalled it on your tablet, and you have a good internet connection but did you try to reboot the tablet and try again after you took the Go app off? You may very well be in need of another tablet, but I have helped several people with the installation of Litchi, and I haven't found a device it won't work on yet. Have to ask, did your phone have the Go app on it. Hey maybe you have it figured out, I hope so. Just offering up some ideas as I have had to deal that that error too. Good luck.
2017-2-2
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Go unistalled on tablet, tablet switched off and cold started. Still displays error.
DJI Go app installed and not forced stop on phone, Litchi runs without issue.
Home wifi is a cable 200mb data connection, no issues on tablet connecting to google or other internet sites. Litchi app displays no connection.
Reference to tablet only having 1Gb of RAM may well be the cause, phone has 3Gb RAM.
With the Litchi app running on my tablet I can log out and log in without issue.
With Litchi app running the map does find my home point, I walked round to my daughters (about 800m away), restarted the Litchi app and it reset the map to that current location, so looks like I will be shopping for a 2Gb RAM or greater tablet. Bugger!
2017-2-2
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Going for some retail therapy tomorrow : ASUS ZenPad Z380M 8.0" Tablet - 16 GB it will give me an 8" over the 7" screen and far better resolution than at present.
Technical specifications for ASUS ZenPad Z380M 8.0" Tablet - 16 GB, Grey

OVERVIEW
Type        Tablet
Operating system        Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
SPECIFICATION
Processor        - MediaTek MT8163 Processor
- Quad-core
- 1.3 GHz
Memory (RAM)        2 GB
Graphics card        ARM Mali T720MP2
Storage        16 GB eMMC
SCREEN
Touchscreen        10-point multitouch screen
Screen size        8.0"
Screen type        LED
Resolution        1280 x 800
2017-2-2
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

MerlinL14 Posted at 2017-2-2 08:27
Going for some retail therapy tomorrow : ASUS ZenPad Z380M 8.0" Tablet - 16 GB it will give me an 8" over the 7" screen and far better resolution than at present.
Technical specifications for ASUS ZenPad Z380M 8.0" Tablet - 16 GB, Grey

Thanks for the update. Those are some interesting comments for sure. Well, sorry to bother you man. Does seem strange though. Happy shopping & let us know how this turns out for you.
2017-2-2
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-2-2 09:00
Thanks for the update. Those are some interesting comments for sure. Well, sorry to bother you man. Does seem strange though. Happy shopping & let us know how this turns out for you.

Thanks for the pointers and information.
2017-2-2
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

I would even recommend 2 gigabytes or more for Go app also I have an S7 with 4 gig of RAM and it works pretty good
2017-2-2
Use props
Bfd300
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73661 ft
United States

Retired2Golf Posted at 2017-2-2 07:07
It only has 1gb of ram. Litchi recommends a minimum of 2gb. May be part of the problem.

Litchi runs fine on my ipad air. W1g of ramm
2017-2-2
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bought the new tablet, set it all up with my accounts etc. Ditched a ton load of bloat apps pre installed. Installed Litchi, ran it and connected without any issues to my P3. Installed 2.9 Go app and again no issues when running it. New tablet is so much faster and the screen is so much more responsive and brighter. Thanks to Litchi for making me spend!
2017-2-3
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

MerlinL14 Posted at 2017-2-3 08:55
Bought the new tablet, set it all up with my accounts etc. Ditched a ton load of bloat apps pre installed. Installed Litchi, ran it and connected without any issues to my P3. Installed 2.9 Go app and again no issues when running it. New tablet is so much faster and the screen is so much more responsive and brighter. Thanks to Litchi for making me spend!

Enjoy you flying. Glad the new tablet made things much better for you. There is no doubt that the GO app especially., take a lot of processing power. Some of the more affordable tablets just don't have the faster processors. Have fun!
2017-2-3
Use props
tazman067
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19931 ft
United States

Has anyone tried running this on an ASUS ZenPad 8 Android Tablet [Z380M]? I currently have a Dell Venue [3830] that does not appear to be compatible and was thinking about buying the ASUS to run it on.
2017-2-4
Use props
El'KaBong
lvl.2

United States

I've ran litchi on a couple 1 gig tablets (LG Gpad and Samsung Tab 4)and it's ran fine.Also runs fine on a Samsung Tab E with 1.5 gigs of ram.It won't run on my Irulu with acta-core cpu and 1 gig of ram.
I think alot of it depends on brand of cpu.
2017-2-4
Use props
tazman067
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19931 ft
United States

El'KaBong Posted at 2017-2-4 22:31
I've ran litchi on a couple 1 gig tablets (LG Gpad and Samsung Tab 4)and it's ran fine.Also runs fine on a Samsung Tab E with 1.5 gigs of ram.It won't run on my Irulu with acta-core cpu and 1 gig of ram.
I think alot of it depends on brand of cpu.

Thanks for the info. I was actually looking at the LG Gpad as well. Knowing it worked for you will help me make a decision.
2017-2-5
Use props
El'KaBong
lvl.2

United States

A. Friend of mine owns  a pawn shop and he let me bring my p3s in and try the tablets he had. The LG was the best out of about five. Tab 4, Asus zenpad, tab e, and something by Verizon. He let me have it for 50 bux. There is about a 1/4 second of lag but I dont think you can get 100% lag free over wifi. Unfortunately I dropped it the next day and broke the screen beyond  use. I went back and got the Tab email for 60 bux. The tab email is eight inch and I would have rather had a 7 but it does run go and latching well.
2017-2-5
Use props
djiuser_PrDpxEUBGc1O
lvl.1
Flight distance : 378317 ft
United States

I have never been able to successfully run litchi. I have a blackview bv9900 pro. It definitely has at least 4gb ram, i think more, and a more than capable professor. It never can connect to dji servers, regardless of wifi or mobile data.
2020-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules