Android app home point 2 mile away
2017-2-2
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Tommyturbo217 Posted at 2017-2-2 15:01
Android app home point 2 mile away

It is the latest Go App update, do a search on here, it has been reported many times.
2017-2-2
Use props
Bfd300
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73661 ft
United States

Get an ipad
2017-2-2
Use props
Tommyturbo217
lvl.1
Flight distance : 125 ft
United Kingdom

Which one is best to use, if controller switch off or connection lost will it return where it left me or the blue dot on map which is 2 mile away?
2017-2-2
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

It will fly to the home point.  If the home point is two miles away, it will fly two miles away.  You need to not use Go app for Android 3.1.2.  You might consider another flight app such as Litchi.  Or use an iPad.  Or don't use a mobile device at all.  Or downgrade the version of Go to something else.  Good luck.  
2017-2-2
Use props
Tommyturbo217
lvl.1
United Kingdom

But I have H Where drone left me and blue dot, my other drone flew to Blue dot which is not where or when it said home point recorded
2017-2-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Tommyturbo217 Posted at 2017-2-2 15:39
But I have H Where drone left me and blue dot, my other drone flew to Blue dot which is not where or when it said home point recorded

Until DJI wake up and do something, you have to uninstall the 3.1.2 version of the app and load an earlier version.
2017-2-2
Use props
Tommyturbo217
lvl.1
United Kingdom

How do you do that then thanks is ipad 2 mini ok tp use
2017-2-2
Use props
Tommyturbo217
lvl.1
United Kingdom

And does ipad have to have celular for gps or is WiFi one ok to use
2017-2-3
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Tommyturbo217 Posted at 2017-2-3 00:03

See this post: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 3&fromuid=84967
2017-2-3
Use props
Tommyturbo217
lvl.1
United Kingdom

That's great cleared up a few things for me I think ipad mini 2 celular will be in my price range, bought a standard 3, 6 days ago sold that to buy a pro, what a work of art it is
2017-2-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Tommyturbo217 Posted at 2017-2-3 00:03

Yes, it's only the iPad with Cellular ability that will contain the GPS module.
You can certainly use a wifi only iPad if that's what you choose, buy it will have less application use.

With a GPS enabled device, you can change your dynamic home point, which is awesome for anyone who likes to move from takeoff point, to another location while your drone is in the air.
It will also allow you to use Follow Me. With a Cellular network connection, you can also stream live video of your flights to your Facebook account, or to your YouTube channel.
You can certainly fly just fine, with a wifi only device. In fact you could fly your drone, without a device, RC alone. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2017-2-3
Use props
Ocypteros
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8110 ft
Greece

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-2-2 15:36
It will fly to the home point.  If the home point is two miles away, it will fly two miles away.  You need to not use Go app for Android 3.1.2.  You might consider another flight app such as Litchi.  Or use an iPad.  Or don't use a mobile device at all.  Or downgrade the version of Go to something else.  Good luck.

Ok Mark. You sound too sure about the answer. So please help me understand. If i don't use the app, and let's say i fly my bird with r/c only no ios, no android. If i turn S2 back and forth several times the RTH function will inintialize. What will happen? Will it fly away to a false RTH or will it find the way back home ?
2017-2-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Hi.  What are you flying, a P3S?

Before you start, you must, of course, be sure your RTH height is adequate.  

Since the problem with the home point reset is due to the go app for android ver 3.1.2, and since you're not using the go app, there is no risk of the home point resetting.  So when you're flying without an app, you must know what the AC is communicating to you via its lights.  The AC will tell you if the compass is okay, if the satellites are adequate, and if the home point is set.  You then know it's ready to fly.

Once you have that info, launch, hover for a few secs to be sure your compass is good, and fly happily.

So you say you are engaging RTH with the S2 switch (I assume this is correct - I don't have a p3S).  That will only work if you have a good connection.  If the connection is intermittent (because you're on the edge or range or behind a line of trees or whatever), there is a risk the AC won't get the order to RTH.  If you're not sure, the foolproof method is to turn off your controller.  The AC must return to the home point.  And it will.  The RTH system is rock solid.

Turning off the controller is not ideal because your flight log on the mobile device, if you're using one, will end.  And another one will start when you turn the controller back on.  Having two flight logs for one flight is not convenient when you're trying to use the data log on your mobile device for your video.  

Hope this helps.

2017-2-6
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

If you want to use the S2 Switch move it up and down multiple times, I have done it before, and heard a beep.
2017-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules