Battery discharger and balancer for Inspire Battery
1070 6 2017-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

Been almost 1 month since i started using my batteries so have made this discharger from my old Inspire 1 kit and a new cable to connect to the battery. It thinks its worth breaking in the battery and a full discharge now is part of the process

Box the cable came in

Box the cable came in

all connected

all connected
2017-2-3
Use props
visionrouge.net
Second Officer
Hong Kong

Great!,  but is it not recommended to discharge fully the batteries?
2017-2-3
Use props
Arrow1969
Second Officer
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What voltage does your discharging take your battery down to??
2017-2-3
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Singapore

the discharge is controlled by the software in the battery not by the load i apply. When i was watching at about 80% discharge the battery turned itself off. This was about the same as my Phantom and I1 battery used to. The last LED had just started flashing when it stopped. I didn't have a volt meter to make any readings but when inserted on its own back in to the I2 it showed 19% charge state on the GO 4 app.  
2017-2-3
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

I should also mention the cable is designed to charge the R/C from an I2 battery. The number of charges is not restricted and simply the battery wont give any more charge once it gets to the magic 20%
2017-2-3
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

i have seen many different opinions about do i need to do this.. but i have a mac book pro and i requests recalibration at regular intervals i think this logic is sound and will continue to follow
2017-2-3
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.3
Flight distance : 921693 ft
United States

crafty! nice work
2017-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules