My DJI Mavic went from beginner mode to kamikaze mode.
10730 87 2017-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Netherlands

Indeed! Gone?!
2017-2-6
Use props
fansc2962bbc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29452 ft
Norway

I think its time to end this thread. Strange it has been moved to the last page (10) in the technical section. I have finally after  12 days, got the  Data Analyses from dji support NL.
It is the same message as jdi Mindy gave us 2days ago. Nothing more will come out of this I think.
I wanna thank you all forum members for the civilised and  constructive debate. Sorry we can't pinpoint the real issue that caused the crash, but manny good suggestions.
Compasserror, IMU error, wifi interference and  front engine stall. And of course  collision with a bird witch is BS.
Finally I must add that I am a press photographer, and  has been in the staff of  one of  the leading newspapers in Norway for 40 years now.
When the Mavic pro was released last september I was really exited. What a wonderful piece of machinery. Perfect for news reporting. Easy to have at hand together with the rest of my camera gear. Several of my colleagues also bought or have ordered this fantastic flying camera. But the enthusiasm has changed now sorry to say. The tecnical issues with my Mavic and so manny others makes it to dangerous to fly near people and in urban areas. Since we dont know what actually happend we simply cant take the chance. Have to stick to the inspire witch has been reliable and preformed well for years.
That sayed. Most Mavics preforms flawlessly as expected and it is a fantastic tool.     Thanks and fly safe
Now Ill push the paybutton
2017-2-6
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

@fansc2962bbc, good luck with your repaired Mavic. Maybe you record the first flights with another video cam. If there was something broken that caused the error and this defect kicks in again, you should be prepaired. Somehow I have to admit, I hope it never happens again and at the same time I hope it happens again very soon (as kind of proof that the first crash was no pilot error).

Good luck, have fun with the Mavic!
2017-2-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Dronoob Posted at 2017-2-6 11:06
@fansc2962bbc, good luck with your repaired Mavic. Maybe you record the first flights with another video cam. If there was something broken that caused the error and this defect kicks in again, you should be prepaired. Somehow I have to admit, I hope it never happens again and at the same time I hope it happens again very soon (as kind of proof that the first crash was no pilot error).

Good luck, have fun with the Mavic!

You fought the good fight, it didn't work out so be it..

The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.
2017-2-6
Use props
fansc2962bbc
lvl.4
Norway

Thank you all
2017-2-6
Use props
bautiprea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2654 ft
Argentina

A couple of days ago, mine lost rc conection and plunged upwards until it reached max flight altitude
2018-3-5
Use props
fansc2962bbc
lvl.4
Norway

bautiprea Posted at 2018-3-5 11:08
A couple of days ago, mine lost rc conection and plunged upwards until it reached max flight altitude

So many things going on in the magic computer brain. I´m not sure your drone failure is the same as mine. Hope you find the answer. I did not.
2018-3-6
Use props
DJY
lvl.1
Flight distance : 295906 ft
United States

Doesn't seem like DJI stands behind their products.  I had a similar incident with my Inspire 2 and DJI didn't care.  I even offered to pay for an analysis after submitting my flight data that showed no aircraft response from stick commands.  They provided a small discount towards the repairs but my major concern was flight safety.  They would not perform an investigation because the equipment was "not under warranty".  I suppose it will take someone getting killed before DJI makes an effort to look into these equipment/software failures.      
2019-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules