Crashed...
558 4 2017-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
liamski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125784 ft
United Kingdom

Heavy gust of wind pushed my P3s into a tree, spun and hit the water... absolutely gutted. Dried it out best possible. Looks like gimbal is done, battery showing errors. Currently got the gimbal in moisture absorbing material in a bag. Plugged battery in and dji go App can see drone, camera showing images but gimbal going mad. Drying out now but battery is probably toast as its showing Battery connection error on screen. What else can i do?
  Gutted, but wont be put off and i'll get it going again!
2017-2-3
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

Until it is dry there is pretty much nothing you can do. May sound daft but I have put phones and other tech that has had a good soaking in a slow cooker filled with rice grains. after about 7 hours at the lowest setting all but 1 were usable again.
2017-2-3
Use props
Dave P
lvl.3
Flight distance : 207664 ft
United Kingdom

MerlinL14 Posted at 2017-2-3 07:00
Until it is dry there is pretty much nothing you can do. May sound daft but I have put phones and other tech that has had a good soaking in a slow cooker filled with rice grains. after about 7 hours at the lowest setting all but 1 were usable again.

The precursor to silica gel!
2017-2-3
Use props
timbo
lvl.2
United States

Put a whole bunch of towels in the dryer. Take them out after 20 minutes and wrap the items with the hot towels. That's what I always did when I got electronics wet. it works great. Have you ever pulled something out of the dryer hours after it shut off. The stuff in the middle is still hot.
2017-2-3
Use props
proimages
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft
United States

I had a P3S hit a leaf and went swimming..the battery was done..but everything else was working with no issues..underwater..zero damage..
dried it with blow drier and kept turning it new angles..then put in freezer..for an hour then let it sit in hot room...
Was out of town, when I got home left in hot car for a couple days before any voltage was ever applied..fired it up and was perfect.
worked fine for many months...then shell cracks appeared my guess unrelated..cheers D
2017-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules