Where should I shop for parts?
1424 29 2017-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Billy Banana 4
lvl.3
United States

I need to purchase a few parts for my P3S where should I go?
THANKS
2017-2-3
Use props
timbo
lvl.2
United States

You can find most parts on ebay, people buy new drones just to part them out on ebay.
2017-2-3
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.3
United States

timbo Posted at 2017-2-3 09:30
You can find most parts on ebay, people buy new drones just to part them out on ebay.

ok thank you
2017-2-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

What exactly are you interested in acquiring for your Phantom?

RedHotPoker
2017-2-3
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-3 10:10
What exactly are you interested in acquiring for your Phantom?

I need to replace a few parts that were damaged in my crash, gimbal mounting plate, blades, onboard wifi antenna
2017-2-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Billy Banana 4 Posted at 2017-2-3 10:23
I need to replace a few parts that were damaged in my crash, gimbal mounting plate, blades, onboard wifi antenna

Wow, you are a brave soul to take on the repairs yourself.

I hope that all parts and pieces are available for your purchase.

Good hunting. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-3
Use props
timbo
lvl.2
United States

Its not as hard as everyone makes it out to be, I flew quad copters for a few years and I was always doing repairs on them. The hardest part to repair on the p3 is replacing the gimbal cable.
2017-2-3
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-3 10:33
Wow, you are a brave soul to take on the repairs yourself.

I hope that all parts and pieces are available for your purchase.

am I brave or CHEAP! LOL, I was somehow able to actually re-solder the link button to the mother board today. The antenna is just a wire that plugs into the gimbal. I like fixing stuff myself. You just need to mark everything and take pics along the way in case you forget where something goes. I figure once something is broken if I cant use it, I may as well try to fix it. It usually pays off!Here you can see where I soldered the link button back on to the mother board

[img]https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5BURL=http://s223.photobucket.com/user/stevenfrieze/media/10c_zpsjv3v3ajx.jpg.html%5D[/URL][/img]

2017-2-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Billy Banana 4 Posted at 2017-2-3 14:16
am I brave or CHEAP! LOL, I was somehow able to actually re-solder the link button to the mother board today. The antenna is just a wire that plugs into the gimbal. I like fixing stuff myself. You just need to mark everything and take pics along the way in case you forget where something goes. I figure once something is broken if I cant use it, I may as well try to fix it. It usually pays off!Here you can see where I soldered the link button back on to the mother board

[view_image][/URL][/img]

Glad you fixed it, yourself. So everything is working well, just as it was before? That's good news.
Congrats on saving yourself some money and down time. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2017-2-3
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.3
United States

thanks I still need the antenna but after that it should be good to go!
2017-2-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Billy Banana 4 Posted at 2017-2-3 19:25
thanks I still need the antenna but after that it should be good to go!

I hope that you can find that missing part, and be back to safe and happy flying very soon.  Best wishes.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-3
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-3 19:30
I hope that you can find that missing part, and be back to safe and happy flying very soon.  Best wishes.

thanks bud
2017-2-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

You are doing great so far. Finding that last, lost piece off the puzzle shouldn't' be all that difficult.
I hope you can discover a source and have it replaced very soon. That would be awesome, getting you back in the air, and smiling again. ;-)
Too bad, eBay doesn't have a request page. Perhaps go on RCgroups and look through the want ads.
There are guys who buy several models just to part them out... As stated above.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-4
Use props
timbo
lvl.2
United States

did you get it fixed yet?
2017-2-10
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.3
United States

yes, seems like it is good to go. the new blades I got were totally lame so i sent them back and new ones will be here in a couple of days. hopefully the weather will be nice enough to fly
thanks!
2017-2-11
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.3
United States

Just took the ole girl for a test flight. All seems good!
2017-2-14
Use props
fanse75cd771
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15712 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-4 10:59
You are doing great so far. Finding that last, lost piece off the puzzle shouldn't' be all that difficult.
I hope you can discover a source and have it replaced very soon. That would be awesome, getting you back in the air, and smiling again. ;-)
Too bad, eBay doesn't have a request page. Perhaps go on RCgroups and look through the want ads.

Most parts are available on Amazon.  That's where I get my parts.
2017-2-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

fanse75cd771 Posted at 2017-2-14 16:08
Most parts are available on Amazon.  That's where I get my parts.

"Break" it down, to build it back up... ;-)

I enjoy reading about these self help stories and successful accomplishments.

Good stuff.

Happy it has been an enjoyable experience, repairing her, after giving the bird a hard landing. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-14
Use props
#shotxclvck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3423297 ft
United States

#onlinepossibly
2017-2-14
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-14 16:20
"Break" it down, to build it back up... ;-)

I enjoy reading about these self help stories and successful accomplishments.

sucks I screwed up and hit the water tower but at least I got the video footage from the flight. They took the tower down last week. I was hoping to drone the demolition but I missed it
2017-2-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yes, please read the whole post.  ;-)

It's already been tested & up flying again.. Haha

RedHotPoker
2017-2-14
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.3
United States

Here is the video of the crash that Luis J. helped me fix and view with his FIX-DJI video repair app
2017-2-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Billy Banana 4 Posted at 2017-2-14 16:29
sucks I screwed up and hit the water tower but at least I got the video footage from the flight. They took the tower down last week. I was hoping to drone the demolition but I missed it  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns1ZbINzLvk

Hahaha, hey that was great.  ;-)

I was actually hoping to see the pickup truck get pancaked. Chuckles

Do you have any rust stains on the Phantom, for rememberance?  Grin

RedHotPoker
2017-2-14
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-14 16:33
Hahaha, hey that was great.  ;-)

no rust stains and I cleaned her up nicely so I can forget about that unsavory chapter in my drone's life
2017-2-15
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.3
United States

Billy Banana 4 Posted at 2017-2-15 04:55
no rust stains and I cleaned her up nicely so I can forget about that unsavory chapter in my drone's life

I just found this video online of the demolition (MUCH BETTER) that truck was no where near the tower... funny what the camera's perspective can do
2017-2-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Billy Banana 4 Posted at 2017-2-15 05:02
I just found this video online of the demolition (MUCH BETTER) that truck was no where near the tower... funny what the camera's perspective can do

Yes, perspective from the other viewpoint was deceiving. Thanks for sharing this video. It's awesome seeing how structures and other large architecture have been destroyed for the advancing times ahead.
I've watched many videos of demolition, from hotels in Las Vegas brought down, to old gone sports stadiums imploded. Having several uncles who were long ago in the coal mining industry, I'm no stranger to dynamite and its destructive powers.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-15
Use props
MerlinL14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

At least you ain't going to fly into the tower again Great video footage, thanks.
2017-2-15
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.3
United States

yes, cool vid 4 sure, glad you guys liked it
2017-2-15
Use props
fans6037bb54
lvl.2
Flight distance : 109915 ft
United States

Talking about repairs quick question, a friend of mine crashed his P3S and I ended up replacing the tilt arm and the gimbal flex cable (this one was a pain) now that is all put together I get the "controller connected, please connect the aircraft" message, tried pairing up the controller to the quad without success.  Any ideas? I can control the camera with the controller but no video feed.
2017-2-15
Use props
Billy Banana 4
lvl.3
United States

did you try linking up the two by pushing the link button on the bottom of the drone?
2017-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules