Corrupt Sd Card?
1279 3 2017-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cropduster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9104 ft
United States

Need a little help, guys.  I put a new Sandisk Ultra 32 gb disk in the bird and flew it. Shot a video with everything going well. Then, I wanted to download the video to a Navida Shield K1 tablet, (which was the same device I used to fly the bird). When I put the card in the tablet, I got a message that I must 'set up' the disk so I can use it for portable storage. When I try to do that, I find that my video will be lost and the disk re-formatted. Is this procedure normal for the Shield? I didn't have to do any of this stufff to download to my laptop (windows 10). I notice I also get a notification "Corrupted SanDisk SD Card".     ????????????
2017-2-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Are you saying the Card is working in a PC but not in the tablet ?

Basically - the two devices PC and tablet use different storage formats as I see it ...

When I transfer between my Tablet and PC ... I have to tell my tablet (Android) to be set for file transfers ... and use a cable.
The only other way I get a card to read direct to the Tablet is with an OTG card reader.

Nigel
2017-2-3
Use props
cropduster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9104 ft
United States

Yes, I was able to take the card directly from the bird and insert into my laptop and download the video. I then wanted to download the same card into the tablet. I just inserted the card into the tablet, and started getting the mumbo jumbo about formatting and corrupt card. I admit I'm not very knowledgeable about this computer stuff, but why would putting the card into a reader with a cable be any different than inserting the card directly into the tablet
2017-2-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Dunno ... but I use an OTG reader for cards to my tablets ...

Anyway - why not just stick a cable from PC to your tablet and transfer that way ?

When you put card to PC after trying in tablet - did the PC read it ok again ?

Nigel
2017-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules