GPS Position NoMatch: hundreds of them: Cause ? Dangerous ?
1128 4 2017-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Yesterday I saw passing on my screen a short message that was away too fast to read but it said something about GPS.Right after that my P4P behaved erratically for a few seconds and then normalized.

In the logs of the flight I found ONE (1) mention of "GPS Position NoMatch".
Today I made a longer flight and now there were hundreds of these messages, always in series of 4 or 5, so for 4 or 5 /10th's of a second.
Still the AC pergormed absolutely normally.

I know there is an other thread about this but there was no definitive explanation of this error message and its potential meaning for safe flight.

The flightlogs of today can be found on:

http://www.phantomhelp.com/Logviewer/4H1Z1AAK0SVO0ZUBLPI3/

So, does anybody know ?
DJI ?

FD
2017-2-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You noted that the aircraft performed normally.
This is the same as a few other similar logs I have looked at.
The no match error seems to be a false alarm message like the high wind warning.
I suspect that DJI have one of their internal settings too low/high.
2017-2-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Did you capture some screenshots of the error message?
And what's your current firmware version?
2017-2-4
Use props
PhanFran
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-4 00:24
Did you capture some screenshots of the error message?
And what's your current firmware version?

Mindy,

No,wasn't recording the screen.  I noticed the word 'GPS' (this is in the flight of the day before, not the logs I gave the link to in my previous message) and after that the AC went into ATTI for a few seconds. Problem is that I immediately set my flight mode-switch to A after getting the message that the AC was in Atti to try and fly it back safely. So in the logs of that day it is not clear if the AC set itself into ATTI or just responds to my switch-change. Anyway as the AC was also then performing normally (except for the mentioned short auto-switch to ATTI) I put it back in P because there was a little bit too much wind to fly ATTI easily and I wanted it back on earth as soon as possible.

One more note: the flight the day after (see logs above) was performed after IMU- and compass calibration.Firmware was the latest.

2017-2-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

PhanFran Posted at 2017-2-4 06:12
Mindy,

No,wasn't recording the screen.  I noticed the word 'GPS' (this is in the flight of the day before, not the logs I gave the link to in my previous message) and after that the AC went into ATTI for a few seconds. Problem is that I immediately set my flight mode-switch to A after getting the message that the AC was in Atti to try and fly it back safely. So in the logs of that day it is not clear if the AC set itself into ATTI or just responds to my switch-change. Anyway as the AC was also then performing normally (except for the mentioned short auto-switch to ATTI) I put it back in P because there was a little bit too much wind to fly ATTI easily and I wanted it back on earth as soon as possible.

Sorry for the late reply.
Did you still have the same issue currently?
If yes, please export the flight data via DJI Assistant and upload it to dropbox then provide me with the link.
I'll forward your data to our engineers for review.
2017-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules