Osmo Mobile Long Exposure help needed
5655 8 2017-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rrkpl1
lvl.1

United States

I'm trying to use the DJI go app with the Osmo mobile and an iPhone 7+.  I'm not sure if I'm using it correctly but it seems that you push the shutter button to start the exposure and then push it again to stop the exposure.  Pushing the button on and then off after the prescribed time creates a shake which blurs the image.  The whole thing doesn't make sense to me as with a regular still camera you use a cable to avoid that shake even with the camera mounted on a tripod.
If someone would be kind enough to explain to me the proper way of using the  Long exposure mode for night photography I would very much appreciate it.  I've googled it and search on YouTube and don't seem to find any instructions as to how to do long exposures with the Osmo mobile.

2017-2-3
Use props
RRKPL
lvl.2
United States

OK, I'm guessing no-one on the forum uses the slow exposure mode on the Osmo Mobile. So... can someone recommend where I might search or call at DJI to get help with this? I've tried all the usual stuff like Forum Search, Google and the DJI website but no joy.
2017-2-6
Use props
stavrossid
lvl.1
Flight distance : 334570 ft
Greece

I use third party apps with timer to avoid this issue.
2017-2-6
Use props
RRKPL
lvl.2
United States

I can relate to using third-party apps for time exposures but it just seems strange that DJI make so much noise about it on their  product webpage and then gives absolutely no support for slow exposure still pictures
2017-2-6
Use props
growthpang
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1742 ft
Japan

stavrossid Posted at 2017-2-6 11:10
I use third party apps with timer to avoid this issue.

Can you recommend any for Android?
2017-2-20
Use props
stavrossid
lvl.1
Flight distance : 334570 ft
Greece

Check if "slow shutter" is available on Android.
2017-2-26
Use props
fansd99722bd
New

Belgium

Hey i'm on it right know freezing cold. I dont understand right know but first you got to go on the icone on the right for ohoto then adjust manually the shutter the whit and the iso that helped me so far but not good result foe know i update if i got something later
2018-2-7
Use props
AlonBerman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 759580 ft
South Africa

Same issue here. Osmo Mobile 2 + Samsung S7 Edge as well as Osmo Mobile 2 + Samsung S9+. Happens on light trail and long exposure.

2018-7-13
Use props
Graggon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88993 ft
Poland

some suggestions, solutions. I've the same problem
2019-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules