Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal moving around during cold
1200 4 2017-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TravisSRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18326348 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone else noticed that their gimbal kind of quivering when in really cold flying?  Today I did a flight in mid 20 degree weather (Fahrenheit not Celsius).  Packed the drone up in the car and drove to the next shoot and at that one I noticed the gimbal was moving around even while the drone was on the ground.  Once it was in the air the building I was shooting seemed to be jiggling around while in a stable hover.  It seemed to go away after a few minutes but I've never seen this in any of my other DJI aircraft.  Thanks for any help!

2017-2-4
Use props
D A P
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26093 ft
United Kingdom

My gimbal doesnt work at all, when flying the movie is diaganal which I'm guess it shouldn't be.. And this is my second P4P I also have gimbal noise issue which I have logged on the forum here to see if anyone else has..
2017-2-4
Use props
Lyle
lvl.1

United States

I have cold weather gimbal issues with my Phantom 3 Pro. Anything below 40 deg F is sketchy. At worst, the camera will not do it's battery on dance properly. At best, I can get most of a flight in, but after 10 minutes or so, the gimbal goes limp or even flips down and back so I'm seeing behind the drone upside down. Very frustrating while trying to do a surveying job. Once the temp is over 60 deg F, all works pretty well. Others have claimed the ribbon is to blame. $35 from DJI for a replacement. I've not tried a new ribbon cable yet.
2017-2-6
Use props
ThaiFlyer
lvl.4
Thailand

Mine is doing it in hot weather, lots of people reporting it, seems to be getting worse, hope it is a FW problem not hardware problem
2017-2-6
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I flew P4P, P4P+ and MP in 15F with no issues. Warmed up the battery to at least 28C, let the AC run for a minute on the ground then hover at 5' for another minute and then business as usual.
2017-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules