Bizarre warning on display
594 7 2017-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Weyland Yutani
New

United States

Hello all!

I just received a strange warning message on my display that I have never seen before on my Phantom 4. The warning keeps flashing over and over on the left side of the display that says:

Warning: Landing gear. Take care of gimble in landing.

Does anyone know what it means? My Phantom is brand new. I bought it in December and have never had a crash or even seen this warning before.

I did a successful gimble calibration and it's still showing up. Any ideas what could be going wrong?? Thank you. Any help is greatly appreciated!
2017-2-4
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Maybe the landing gear has got stuck in the raised position, so that when you land you will land on the gimbal?

Much more likely the sensor input for detecting when the landing gear is lowered is not correctly connected!

I think it will need a call to DJI support...
2017-2-4
Use props
Weyland Yutani
New

United States

That sounds like a reasonable explanation if I was flying something like the Inspire with retractable landing gear however I'm flying a Phantom 4. The landing gear does not raise.
I don't understand why all the sudden I'm getting this message.
2017-2-4
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Weyland Yutani Posted at 2017-2-4 10:58
That sounds like a reasonable explanation if I was flying something like the Inspire with retractable landing gear however I'm flying a Phantom 4. The landing gear does not raise.
I don't understand why all the sudden I'm getting this message.

It may be running some of the same software as the inspire so has a landing gear sensor input which should be reading "down" at all times but something has become disconnected.

You could open it up and check all the connections, but I don't know if that is wise with it still under warrantee?  I would contact DJI support first.
2017-2-4
Use props
Weyland Yutani
New

United States

I just noticed that the DJI GO4 app had an update today to version 4.0.3. I wonder if there is a glitch in the update that has it thinking that the Phantom 4 has landing gear??
2017-2-4
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Weyland Yutani Posted at 2017-2-4 11:29
I just noticed that the DJI GO4 app had an update today to version 4.0.3. I wonder if there is a glitch in the update that has it thinking that the Phantom 4 has landing gear??

That's the most likely problem is the Go app.
2017-2-4
Use props
Weyland Yutani
New

United States

I really hope you're right. Just seems very suspicious how on the same date as the DJI GO4 app update I start getting warning messages about the landing gear on my P4. If the warning messages persist over the next few days I will have to contact support.
Hopefully if it is a glitch, its identified and corrected by DJI.
2017-2-4
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Weyland Yutani Posted at 2017-2-4 11:57
I really hope you're right. Just seems very suspicious how on the same date as the DJI GO4 app update I start getting warning messages about the landing gear on my P4. If the warning messages persist over the next few days I will have to contact support.
Hopefully if it is a glitch, its identified and corrected by DJI.

I flew my P4 today and am getting the same warning. I presume it is a bug, but pretty distracting as it appears every few seconds.
2017-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules