GOPROFESSIONAL LANDING MODE CASE REVIEW
788 8 2017-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thomasakira
lvl.3
Flight distance : 921693 ft
United States

So it has been about a week now since I got my landing mode case.  I have been putting it through its paces, and wanted to share some thoughts.

Overall, as far as laser cut cases go I would buy it twenty times over.   To have everything well protected against the dreaded baggage handler  is piece of mind.  That is the bottom line.   I think that I will look  into something like a backpack for those locations that require a hike  in.  As this thing can't be portaged solo,  it would be a two person  affair for sure.
The quality of the hinges and plastic is great. My  gripes are minimal,  and easy to rectify with a hot blade or even a  kitchen knife.  I would highly reccomend this case to anyone who needs to check baggage under.  

PROS
-Super convienent to pull out the bird with gimbal and lens attached... if you are like me where you are in an early morning situation often it makes life tha much simpler.
-Battery storage is plentiful....it holds twelve if you want to travel with two attached to the bird.
-There are three cylindrical storage areas for the battery chargers. I plan to use two for chargers, then I got wraps that fit within the third spot for two lenses.
-Easily fit three sets of props. or two sets and filters, or one set props and on set of filters and anemometer and infrared temp gauge.

CONS (Keep in mind I am a critical son of a bitch)
-I feel like the the area for the gimbal box is a waste of space.  I  would have rather had lens storage and a cutout to store the gimbal and  another accesssory hole/space for caps/hoods/filters.
-I also feel like the ssd card slots are a waste of space.  I always have them on me.
-Ipad storage area is too tight...as with most cases i will have to trim for easy access.
-It is massive. Oversized and overweight on airlines. (Although the travel mode one also does not qualify as regular size by airlines) Can you say "media rate" - get an ID made for you so you can avoid hefty charges.
-Must be pulled out of a vehicle to fully access case, as lid will hit the roof of anything but a van or large SUV.
-The actual power adapter spots are a little wonky,  they did not make them deep enough to accomodate the charging plug cables.  I put the dc cables in the cylindrical charger hole with the chargers.  Yet another thing I will have to modify.

IMG_0355.JPG
2017-2-4
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Wow, that is a beautiful piece of Kit you have there,  I will have  have to look into getting one of these when I get my Inspire 2.  Also like the FAA numbers on the AC, I have mine on that was done on a label maker but that looks  much nicer .  

Thanks for sharing

donnie
2017-2-6
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Very nice indeed, is that a Mini iPad you have there? If so I am curious about what case that is if you don't mind.
2017-2-6
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765909 ft
United States

It would be nice if this case can have an area for a few extra lenses, but that isn't a deal breaker.  I've had my eye on this.  Definitely a nice to have for me but seems like it may be necessary for traveling with the I2 on a plane.
2017-2-6
Use props
sharif0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 621312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I made the mistake of buying a "landing mode" case from my Inspire 1.  That thing is a giant, and as you'e mentioned it is bit of a pain to haul it around...both in my car, and on the plane.   Delta took it without any overage fee.  

Since the Inpsire 2 is super easy to switch from travel mode to landing mode, I am in the market for a "travel mode" case.  Any idea when once will be available for the Inpsire 2?

Thank you for posting a great review.
2017-2-7
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.3

United States

Very "clean" design, along with a good review. Thanks!
2017-2-7
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.3
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-2-6 11:17
Very nice indeed, is that a Mini iPad you have there? If so I am curious about what case that is if you don't mind.

lifeproof, from a while ago I think
2017-2-7
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.3
United States

sharif0 Posted at 2017-2-7 05:05
I made the mistake of buying a "landing mode" case from my Inspire 1.  That thing is a giant, and as you'e mentioned it is bit of a pain to haul it around...both in my car, and on the plane.   Delta took it without any overage fee.  

Since the Inpsire 2 is super easy to switch from travel mode to landing mode, I am in the market for a "travel mode" case.  Any idea when once will be available for the Inpsire 2?

Call Julia at goprofessional.  She was able to get me through thew queue very quickly.
2017-2-7
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

thomasakira Posted at 2017-2-7 06:29
lifeproof, from a while ago I think

Thank you for the info Thomas.
2017-2-7
Use props