Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Waypoints using Litchi App and Flying constant height AGL
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantom Menace9
lvl.1

United States

If I create a way point mission in Mission Hub, how do I utilize the new  "relative to ground" mode that is in the updated Android app as of  December. I plotted a mission using Mission hub that goes over a wide  range of varying ground levels and I don't see where it changes my  height at all at way points? Also, what happens if the ground height  changes

I am using the Phantom 3 Professional drone with Firmware version  1.09.0060. I am using an nVidia Shield tablet K1 (Software Upgrade 1.2  running Android OS version 6.0.1. This is in regard to my question  above. My DJI Go App version is ver. 3.1.2 and my Litchi app is....  Hmmmm... I can't find a version number, but I just updated it today.  (2-4-17)                                                
2017-2-4
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

As far as I know, you have to create a oath in Google Earth and then pull it into Litchi hub. It does work. I've done our several times.
2017-2-4
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-2-4 19:56
As far as I know, you have to create a oath in Google Earth and then pull it into Litchi hub. It does work. I've done our several times.

Aloha Ricardo,

You so nuts!  I know, I do the same thing!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-4
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-4 23:09
Aloha Ricardo,

You so nuts!  I know, I do the same thing!

Hey there Cetacean! How are you?  I use the Google Earth a lot to create my paths. It is a whole different
experience don't you think? You have to be aware that the Google maps may be a year or so old, probably depending on the area......things might have changed since the maps were updated. So, I guess I haven't ran into anything problem areas yet, but  I am always cautious of that. I wonder if there is a way to see a time-stamp on when the maps were updated? Anyway very cool feature to use with Litchi.
2017-2-6
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-2-6 05:12
Hey there Cetacean! How are you?  I use the Google Earth a lot to create my paths. It is a whole different
experience don't you think? You have to be aware that the Google maps may be a year or so old, probably depending on the area......things might have changed since the maps were updated. So, I guess I haven't ran into anything problem areas yet, but  I am always cautious of that. I wonder if there is a way to see a time-stamp on when the maps were updated? Anyway very cool feature to use with Litchi.

I haven't used the new Litchi feature yet, but now, Litchi does the work for you, You can do Relative to earth right in Litchi. If it ever stops snowing here, I can't wait to try this new Litchi  feature out!
2017-2-6
Use props
kndll
lvl.4
Flight distance : 930161 ft
Canada

new feature in litchi only works through the app not in mission hub
2017-2-6
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

kndll Posted at 2017-2-6 07:27
new feature in litchi only works through the app not in mission hub

What version Litchi are you using? I don't see it in the one I am using, or else I am not looking in the right place?
2017-2-6
Use props
kndll
lvl.4
Canada

I don't have litchi , thinking about getting it ,  read a lot of threads ,  latest update to litchi yesterday .
2017-2-6
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

kndll Posted at 2017-2-6 09:41
I don't have litchi , thinking about getting it ,  read a lot of threads ,  latest update to litchi yesterday .

So, how do you know there is a new feature in Litchi? Just asking, if you don't have it. I looked at the home page and didn't see anything. We are talking about the flight path relative to the surface correct? I do know that in Litchi it shows the ASL underneath the altitude setting, but it doesn't set your point from that, only what you set from your home point. I am sorry but I am confused about your statement. I create a path relative to the ground in Google and import into Litchi. Can Litchi now do this within the app? That is my question.
2017-2-6
Use props
kndll
lvl.4
Canada

version 3.10.3 , feb 3 2017  http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/new-litchi-update.105397/
2017-2-6
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-2-4 19:56

People always make this more difficult than it is.

In Mission Hub, each waypoint displays "Ground Elevation" so that you know exactly what the ground elevation is relative to the first waypoint. You can easily realize your elevation above ground given the ground elevation value.

If the ground elevation reads 120' and you want to be 40' above the ground then set your waypoint altitude at 160' (120 + 40).

If the ground elevation is -20', then set your waypoint altitude at 20' (-20 + 20) and you are still 40' above the ground.

It's not rocket science. There is no need to use Google Earth when you still have to visit each waypoint to set the other attributes after importing into Litchi.
2017-2-6
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

RSW Posted at 2017-2-6 12:50
People always make this more difficult than it is.

In Mission Hub, each waypoint displays "Ground Elevation" so that you know exactly what the ground elevation is relative to the first waypoint. You can easily realize your elevation above ground given the ground elevation value.

Ok, yes I already knew that and you're right it isn't rocket science. I guess I don't trust myself to have to add or subtract and make a mistake. You're right, you can change any waypoint you want. kndll made it sound like it was something different than what we were talking about. I mean yes, you can make the change but Litchi does not figure from ground level automatically.
2017-2-6
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-2-6 05:12

Aloha Ricardo,

At the bottom left corner is a clock-face and to the right, the year 2000 is written.  Click on the year 2000 and a time slider will appear at the upper left of the image.  Move the slider to see the dated satellite images.  

Be careful with your paths though, there is as much as 40 feet of error in the Google Earth maps.  Our GPS in the DJI products can usually compensate for that, but it is not always consistent.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-6
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-6 13:53
Aloha Ricardo,

At the bottom left corner is a clock-face and to the right, the year 2000 is written.  Click on the year 2000 and a time slider will appear at the upper left of the image.  Move the slider to see the dated satellite images.  

I see that now! Hey thanks. I did not know this was here. Thanks again, and yes I will be careful.
2017-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules