Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 Poor Responsiveness to Forward and Pitch in P Mode
5381 43 2017-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

GabeZ Posted at 2017-2-25 15:54
Hello all.  I finally made it out to fly.  To my surprise, the issue got a little better, but I still have poor responsiveness in forward and pitch.  One thing I noticed is that the sun really picks on the obstacle avoidance.  The aircraft incorrectly thought there was an obstacle in front of it at one pint and then lowered its landing gear at another.  When pointing the aircraft away from the sun, it always responded slightly better.  Videos to come soon........   by the way, I'm fairly certain at this point the obstacle avoidance is truly the issue.  But I also don't think anything is wrong.  I think this is normal orperation and anyone that says they don't have the issue is either using an old version of the go app, their perspective on responsiveness is different, or they don't own an Inpire 1 to compare it with.  I'll submit the videos to DJI for review on my ticket.

Hi Gabe
I can confirm that if you are heading directly into the bright sun, it can set off the OA system. I have had this happen on my Mavic Pro several times. If you rotate the camera downward it operates normally.  IMO it must be the extreme light hitting the sensor that causes this to happen. I think in some cases during filming video into the sun,  it might be wise to turn off the OA...

Rich
2017-2-25
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

Bumping back to the top.  Everything updated in post 1!
2017-2-28
Use props
Raw_B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1494190 ft
United States

I was having this problem yesterday at sunset, so i wonder now if it was because of the sun. I could do tap fly though and it would accelerate in the forward direction. But manually, right stick is 100% pushed forward and barely moves.
2021-10-10
Use props
Raw_B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1494190 ft
United States

yeah, still having this problem...
2021-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules