DJI MAVIC Editing issues?
2197 17 2017-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Et han
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

I've owned the mavic for about 1-2 months now and all of the footage i've gotten seems to be disaturous in the PC Playback... it's smooth on my phone, but when I put the micro SD into my computer, the playback is choppy/laggy and impossible to edit (I use adobe premiere). What is going wrong? my pc had 8gb of ram and it should be able to playback 1080p fairly smooth...

playback on the standard microsoft viewer is also smoooth... but that doesn't help me, I need to be able to edit

2017-2-4
Use props
Et han
lvl.1
United States

I'm also receiving an error on adobe premiere... "File importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure..."

the files I use are directly from flight. They are DJI.001 files
2017-2-4
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Sounds like you are trying to edit the files on the MicroSD card? I'd copy them over to your desktop and work on them there.
If you are working on files copied to your PC, then enabling the Enable Proxies Media preference might help if Premiere is having a hard time playing them back.
2017-2-4
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

I had the same issue until i formatted the SD card with the PC. (not the mavic)
The phone footage was fine but the SD footage was choppy and crude until.
Not sure if if you have the same problem , maybe worth a try.
2017-2-4
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

8 G or ram is extremely low...

Also you should always copy your vids to the computer and play or edit directly from the computer and NOT the SD card.
2017-2-4
Use props
Et han
lvl.1
United States

I have tried these suggestions.
-enabled proxies within premiere,
-copied files to desktop
-formatted SD card

STILL CHOPPY so frustrating I have no idea why this is happening my friend's computer edits his footage fine and his PC has about the same specs
2017-2-4
Use props
Et han
lvl.1
United States

The files are called "MOV" if that helps anything
2017-2-4
Use props
drb1215
lvl.2

United States

Hi -  A couple of thoughts:

1.  Have you setup your project correctly in Premiere Pro?  This will help you - https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere ... ct-premiere-cc.html

2.  Is Premier Pro busy rendering or transcoding while you are trying to view the video?  I use Final Cut Pro X,  and I can look at what background tasks are taking place...not sure where to look on PP.

3.  Look at the Task Manager for Windows to see if anything is using a lot of CPU or Memory. It's possible something is running in the background and robbing PP of resources.  If you find that PP is using up the majority of the memory, then you probably need to add more.  I'm guessing if PP is anything like other Adobe software it's a pig when it comes to resources.

-Dan
2017-2-4
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Et han Posted at 2017-2-4 21:25
The files are called "MOV" if that helps anything

Have you tried recording mp4 instead of MOV? I read somewhere that I can't now find that suggested PC users have a better time with mp4 while Mac users work better with MOV files.
2017-2-4
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

How old is your PC?  You mention RAM, but more importantly would be the age and power of your video card and CPU processor.  You don't say what resolution your video files were shot at.  If it's above 1080p, you will have problems editing and playing back smooth video without a pretty decent processor.
2017-2-4
Use props
Et han
lvl.1
United States

Petroboy Posted at 2017-2-4 22:05
How old is your PC?  You mention RAM, but more importantly would be the age and power of your video card and CPU processor.  You don't say what resolution your video files were shot at.  If it's above 1080p, you will have problems editing and playing back smooth video without a pretty decent processor.

about a year old, AMD a8-7410 CPU
1080p video
2017-2-4
Use props
Et han
lvl.1
United States

a8-6410* ^ "with radeon r5 graphics"
2017-2-4
Use props
Et han
lvl.1
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-2-4 21:56
Have you tried recording mp4 instead of MOV? I read somewhere that I can't now find that suggested PC users have a better time with mp4 while Mac users work better with MOV files.

converting to mp4 solved nothing, unfortunately
2017-2-4
Use props
Et han
lvl.1
United States

drb1215 Posted at 2017-2-4 21:54
Hi -  A couple of thoughts:

1.  Have you setup your project correctly in Premiere Pro?  This will help you - https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/how-to/create-new-project-premiere-cc.html

Yes, premiere seems to be maxing out my CPU... does this mean that my computer is simply not capable of handling a single video? I even restored my PC (not that big of a deal for me) to clean up all other space. all I have downloaded is premiere and google chrome
2017-2-4
Use props
Et han
lvl.1
United States

nevermind -
2017-2-4
Use props
alaska42
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3668114 ft
  • >>>
United States

Et han Posted at 2017-2-4 22:31
Update:
It now seems to be running smoothly? I don't understand it but now it seems to be smooth and crisp... CPU is at a steady 90-96% though...

I had issues with my CPU at 100% and running hot until I got Premiere to run with GPU Acceleration (CUDA). Check that under Project Settings/General and Renderer.
2017-2-4
Use props
Et han
lvl.1
United States

Just finished building my custom PC... yeah my old laptop was an absolute potato and that was the issue
2017-5-1
Use props
FI. Stanley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 148556 ft
  • >>>
Finland

More important that most forget is the speed of your hard drive read/write. U need a fastest hardrive u can get. Best solution is separate form your operation drive where your apps installed. Best is buy a fasted hardrive ssd USB 3.1 USB-C for mac usb c or thunderbolt yes those hardrive aren't cheap but is best investment u can get for doing video editing, u can editing on a docent CPU but u need editing on separate drive that fast enough to read and write. And you will see better results playback your footage.
2017-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules