Phantom 4 Pro with PolarPro ND16 over Honolulu
1307 7 2017-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans50c32a8d
lvl.2

United States

Hi Guys,

Here is a little (hastily edited) sample of what the PolarPro ND16 filter (not Polarized) looks like on the Phantom 4 Pro in 4k. I believe this was the "Film-H" color profile. I did no color, frame, scale, or rotation correction in Premiere. As you can see in the opening shot, the gimbal rotation is pretty bad, especially when you can see the ocean horizon line.

Anyways, enjoy this little clip!

2017-2-4
Use props
piowoc73
lvl.3
United States

Can you give all the settings for this video? Shutter speed, ISO, aperture. Thanks!
2017-2-4
Use props
fans50c32a8d
lvl.2

United States

Aperture was on auto, shutter was 1/60 and ISO100. FPS was 29.97
2017-2-4
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

You can and often have to adjust the horizon using a long press on C2 and right wheel combo move.

Oahu has lots of really nice spots to fly that do not involve flying over populated areas. Hope you consider the risks of an accident and choose wisely on your next flights
2017-2-4
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Beautfifullllll....Aloha...
2017-2-4
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Tony,

As Mike noted, Makiki is a little dense, but the slope of Punchbowl is less than a quarter mile away and was even in the video.  Just fly over that slope so your videos do not get you in trouble with the FAA.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-4
Use props
JW5255
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5291158 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I am having doubts about ND filters in general.  All the videos I have used ND filters on have been too dark and required post processing to get the brightness back.  The dynamic range seems compromised. Happen with stills and video.  Everything I do without ND's looks great.  I suspect I will need a lot of video experience to get the best from them.
2017-2-5
Use props
fans74db8d7a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3571634 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.

I'm tempted to upgrade my P4 to the Pro, but seeing the exact same tilted horizon issues in so many P4 and P4Pro video's is a worry.

With regards to the ND filters, I find them very useful for sunset Photography at a beach only. Anywhere where you want to add a light bit of moment into a still image. For example, a wave breaking.

When it comes to video though, they are completely useless in my opinion. I get far better results without them at better ISO levels, less noise, and better dynamic range.
2017-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules