DJI MAVIC CAME WITH CONCERNS AND MISSING PARTS
12Next >
4424 43 2017-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrBind
lvl.2

United States

i ordered a dji mavic fly more through a retailer and when i received it, the mavic box itself had damages on it. Upon opening the box i took out the mavic and i realised the gimbal lock was in place but the camera wasnt locked in. upon inspection the inside of the gimbal cover has scratches on it and theres a small nick on the camera edge (maybe from the camera not in place during shipping). im also missing the 2 propellers that suppose to come in the soft bag inside the mavic since the only extra propellers i received was with the fly more bundle.
who do i contact for this issue? is there a way DJI can help? i havent actually had the chance to take the drone out to test camera quality to see if i have other issues yet.
2017-2-4
Use props
MrBind
lvl.2

United States

** i received my mavic on 2/2/17 opened it and realized these issues on 2/3/17**
2017-2-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MrBind Posted at 2017-2-4 17:14
** i received my mavic on 2/2/17 opened it and realized these issues on 2/3/17**

Bit shabby, you might find the props under some stuff in the box the Mavic came, I seem to remember not finding these myself until I went hunting, look deeper under the packaging in the main box..
2017-2-4
Use props
MrBind
lvl.2

United States

flipped it upside down and took everything out, nothing. what concerns me if the whole gimbal issue of not being locked during travels. the weathers a bit cold here and im smack dab between 2 airports. im technically in a no fly zone and i dont know when i would be able to fully take it out and test the camera quality to make sure i dont have other issues.
2017-2-4
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MrBind Posted at 2017-2-4 17:22
flipped it upside down and took everything out, nothing. what concerns me if the whole gimbal issue of not being locked during travels. the weathers a bit cold here and im smack dab between 2 airports. im technically in a no fly zone and i dont know when i would be able to fully take it out and test the camera quality to make sure i dont have other issues.

Then... the obvious thing to do is to return it where you got it from. Don't fly otherwise they will say you caused the damages.

Just take pictures and return it for an exchange...
2017-2-4
Use props
MrBind
lvl.2

United States

I did an unboxing video for proof but I though the whole camera out of the gimbal lock thing was normal since the gimbal lock was actually in place. I figured it might be quicker to go directly to dji rather then to the retailer and then have them go through dji.
2017-2-4
Use props
hypnotist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559229 ft
United States

You can turn it on and check camera or video quality without actual flight.
2017-2-4
Use props
MrBind
lvl.2

United States

hypnotist Posted at 2017-2-4 20:49
You can turn it on and check camera or video quality without actual flight.

I did and it looks fine hovering but I heard of issues with video once recording during movement and video jello effects.
2017-2-4
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, about the missing propellers, you can contact the seller, and they might issue you a pair that's missing (and they will ask DJI for it later).   If they don't, leave me your email and our staff will contact you.

About the scratches and nick, it's hard to say when there's no pictures.  It would be good if you can shoot a picture and identify them.
2017-2-4
Use props
MrBind
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-4 23:38
Hi, about the missing propellers, you can contact the seller, and they might issue you a pair that's missing (and they will ask DJI for it later).   If they don't, leave me your email and our staff will contact you.

About the scratches and nick, it's hard to say when there's no pictures.  It would be good if you can shoot a picture and identify them.

i have contacted my retailer also trying to see if i can get a full exchange for another mavic bundle. i will let you know if they go through with it or their asking me to go to dji directly. Thank you
2017-2-5
Use props
MrBind
lvl.2

United States

I have attached pictures
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
2017-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MrBind Posted at 2017-2-5 12:09
I have attached pictures

That's not a keeper, get rid..
2017-2-5
Use props
MrBind
lvl.2

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-5 12:11
That's not a keeper, get rid..

and thats why i figured if it went through that much by the time i got it, i would be the lucky one that ends up with every issue under the sun sooner or later.
2017-2-5
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

I would hope it's not a refurb sold as new, looks to be the case. I've had to deal with this quite a bit on amazon. A lot of the dealers there open the inventory new and then bin them (like monitors for example). Sell the monitors without dead pixels for more. Then put the others on sale. So you'll open what looks like a deal, sold as new, and find fingerprints and all that nonsense on your item. Then of course the dead pixels are a bonus insult.

That's why I bought strait from dji. Didn't mind waiting and don't have to worry about the binning problem.
2017-2-5
Use props
MrBind
lvl.2

United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-2-5 12:24
I would hope it's not a refurb sold as new, looks to be the case. I've had to deal with this quite a bit on amazon. A lot of the dealers there open the inventory new and then bin them (like monitors for example). Sell the monitors without dead pixels for more. Then put the others on sale. So you'll open what looks like a deal, sold as new, and find fingerprints and all that nonsense on your item. Then of course the dead pixels are a bonus insult.

That's why I bought strait from dji. Didn't mind waiting and don't have to worry about the binning problem.

i read a few situations with that happening where refurbished items were sold as new but the retailer said they get it straight from DJI so i figured it might be quality control issues. when it arrived the scratches were present inside the gimbal cover and some on the outside and the gimbal lock was in place but the notch itself wasnt secured behind the camera, so the camera was free moving. i though that was normal for the camera to spin around with the lock in until i did more research and found out the notch was suppose to slip behind the camera.
2017-2-5
Use props
fans2b75c050
lvl.2

United States

MrBind Posted at 2017-2-5 12:09
I have attached pictures

Wow. I would return it. Did you check the back of the camera for the gimble lock bracket to see if it's broken or cracked. ?? There's a thread on this issue with pics. I had personally happen to mine. Still waiting to see what DJI does. Have a case # and just waiting for USA DJI REpair dept to respond.

Good luck.
2017-2-5
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Don't even think about it... back to the retailer and if he fusses around take him to court. Make sure you DON'T FLY THE BIRD... They might come back and says it is pilot error...Resist the urge.

In court you show the time stamp from the pictures you took and the he log from the drone that you did not fly it.

Good luck!
2017-2-5
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I wouldn't keep it.  I assume it was shipped to you.  That being the case, your real issue is with the shipping company, and you should make a claim with them.  If you bought it from a retailer, take it back.
2017-2-5
Use props
MrBind
lvl.2

United States

fans2b75c050 Posted at 2017-2-5 13:38
Wow. I would return it. Did you check the back of the camera for the gimble lock bracket to see if it's broken or cracked. ?? There's a thread on this issue with pics. I had personally happen to mine. Still waiting to see what DJI does. Have a case # and just waiting for USA DJI REpair dept to respond.

Good luck.

is there a link? honestly i never even though about it because the gimbal lock stays in but it does come out without much force. i have to check.
2017-2-5
Use props
MrBind
lvl.2

United States

dronist Posted at 2017-2-5 13:46
Don't even think about it... back to the retailer and if he fusses around take him to court. Make sure you DON'T FLY THE BIRD... They might come back and says it is pilot error...Resist the urge.

In court you show the time stamp from the pictures you took and the he log from the drone that you did not fly it.

i hovered it in place in my living room with auto take off and auto landing to make sure the motors actually ran and with each battery after the firmware update since i read about batterys not responding. total of maybe 10 minutes, nothing happened during it.
2017-2-5
Use props
MrBind
lvl.2

United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-2-5 13:52
I wouldn't keep it.  I assume it was shipped to you.  That being the case, your real issue is with the shipping company, and you should make a claim with them.  If you bought it from a retailer, take it back.

funny thing is the ups box itself was not damaged besides small wrinkles on the corner. i realized who ever packed the box put padding on the TOP but not at the bottom where all the damage occured.
2017-2-5
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MrBind Posted at 2017-2-5 13:58
i hovered it in place in my living room with auto take off and auto landing to make sure the motors actually ran and with each battery after the firmware update since i read about batterys not responding. total of maybe 10 minutes, nothing happened during it.

I would take pictures and vidoes of your living room showing there were no damages...Again supporting proof will work wonders in case you go to court for that.
2017-2-5
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-2-5 13:52

Not if he signed and accepted the package as he claims he did...
2017-2-5
Use props
MrBind
lvl.2

United States

dronist Posted at 2017-2-5 14:03
I would take pictures and vidoes of your living room showing there were no damages...Again supporting proof will work wonders in case you go to court for that.

i did a unboxing video showing the mavic box looking like it went through a FIFA trail and also showing the seal is officially closed. By the time i broke open the seal of the mavic box im sure you can see from the video that the minute i took the mavic out of the box the gimbal cover was already off the mavic and the camera wasnt locked in place. Just at that time due to the lack of knowledge i though that was actually normal since i did see a gimbal lock in, just didnt know the notches had to be sitting behind the camera. i also realized some slight waves and blemishes on the plastic of the mavic but i figured that was probably just the way the plastic was produced.
2017-2-5
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MrBind Posted at 2017-2-5 14:09
i did a unboxing video showing the mavic box looking like it went through a FIFA trail and also showing the seal is officially closed. By the time i broke open the seal of the mavic box im sure you can see from the video that the minute i took the mavic out of the box the gimbal cover was already off the mavic and the camera wasnt locked in place. Just at that time due to the lack of knowledge i though that was actually normal since i did see a gimbal lock in, just didnt know the notches had to be sitting behind the camera. i also realized some slight waves and blemishes on the plastic of the mavic but i figured that was probably just the way the plastic was produced.

Then you are in good shape. Let us know about the outcome.
2017-2-5
Use props
MrBind
lvl.2

United States

dronist Posted at 2017-2-5 14:03
Not if he signed and accepted the package as he claims he did...

when the package arrived the retailer actually requested that the package could not be held for pick up and the only way was for it to be delivered so my options were to either miss a full days of work to wait for a package or chase the UPS guy down on his route. i missed the delivery so i had to rush home to chase the UPS man down 5 blocks to locate him.
2017-2-5
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MrBind Posted at 2017-2-5 14:12
when the package arrived the retailer actually requested that the package could not be held for pick up and the only way was for it to be delivered so my options were to either miss a full days of work to wait for a package or chase the UPS guy down on his route. i missed the delivery so i had to rush home to chase the UPS man down 5 blocks to locate him.

I know how it feels... i did that myself a few times...
2017-2-5
Use props
MrBind
lvl.2

United States

I contacted my retailer. They said to contact dji and they can't do anything about it.
2017-2-6
Use props
MrBind
lvl.2

United States

Well I officially learned not to buy anything dji related from getfpv.com anymore. I was told I'd have to go to DJI for any issues even though I just got the item in the mail from them. Yep, never again.
2017-2-6
Use props
Doots
lvl.3
Flight distance : 682598 ft
United States

MrBind Posted at 2017-2-6 12:59
Well I officially learned not to buy anything dji related from getfpv.com anymore. I was told I'd have to go to DJI for any issues even though I just got the item in the mail from them. Yep, never again.

Man,  that is total BS. They sold you a product but take no responsibility in the condition of what they sell? That's like buying an apple full of worms from the Super market and the manager telling you that you need to contact the farmer.
2017-2-8
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

The original box come with a guarantee seal, was it in place? If not they sold you a previously opened drone.
2017-2-8
Use props
MrBind
lvl.2

United States

Doots Posted at 2017-2-8 12:49
Man,  that is total BS. They sold you a product but take no responsibility in the condition of what they sell? That's like buying an apple full of worms from the Super market and the manager telling you that you need to contact the farmer.

they said thats dji's contract with all their resellers. if thats the case then that sucks.
2017-2-9
Use props
MrBind
lvl.2

United States

CuaC Posted at 2017-2-8 13:51
The original box come with a guarantee seal, was it in place? If not they sold you a previously opened drone.

i was told they get it from dji and pretty much just send it over to me. the mavic box was damaged but the seal was still on and not broken, thats why i ruled it out to be manufacture quality control, it sucks but its humans that build these things. if the seal was broken then they obviously sold me a used or opened box model. i mean the box literally looked like it was dropped and it hit that corner lol
2017-2-9
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

MrBind Posted at 2017-2-9 22:18
i was told they get it from dji and pretty much just send it over to me. the mavic box was damaged but the seal was still on and not broken, thats why i ruled it out to be manufacture quality control, it sucks but its humans that build these things. if the seal was broken then they obviously sold me a used or opened box model. i mean the box literally looked like it was dropped and it hit that corner lol

Hi, please click the Reply button and tell me your order number with the seller, and your email address(so we can contact you), and we'll investigate this issue to see what we can do for you.
2017-2-10
Use props
MrBind
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-10 02:27
Hi, please click the Reply button and tell me your order number with the seller, and your email address(so we can contact you), and we'll investigate this issue to see what we can do for you.

I already opened a case with DJI and sent in my entire fly more bundle. my case number is CAS-438963-L4P3J1

I have gotten the shipping label and sent it out the same day. The chat rep said he updated my case to a replacement instead of a repair since I did provide all proof of purchase and it was with in 3-4 days.. I just hope I actually get a new mavic fly more bundle instead of a refurbished unit.
2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

MrBind Posted at 2017-2-10 16:20
I already opened a case with DJI and sent in my entire fly more bundle. my case number is CAS-438963-L4P3J1

I have gotten the shipping label and sent it out the same day. The chat rep said he updated my case to a replacement instead of a repair since I did provide all proof of purchase and it was with in 3-4 days.. I just hope I actually get a new mavic fly more bundle instead of a refurbished unit.

OK, keep me updated
2017-2-11
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

Return it asap ...
2017-2-11
Use props
MrBind
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-11 00:15
OK, keep me updated

My mavic has arrived at the Cali facility on feb 14th afternoon but my case still doesn't show that it has been received.. Case number again is CAS-438963-L4P3J1
2017-2-15
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

MrBind Posted at 2017-2-15 21:54
My mavic has arrived at the Cali facility on feb 14th afternoon but my case still doesn't show that it has been received.. Case number again is CAS-438963-L4P3J1

It's normal..  I'll notifty the repair center to expedite it.
2017-2-15
Use props
MrBind
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-15 22:43
It's normal..  I'll notifty the repair center to expedite it.

Thank you very much. I was concerned since it still hasn't show received. In the future should I get dji refresh ? Would that speed up the process if I have any issues ?
2017-2-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules