"Stick EMI 2 Manual RTH" only shows in cold weather
1573 4 2017-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wallywalts
lvl.1

Singapore

I was getting this error on the controller display whilst in Norway, it didn't affect the flight however I always manually flew it back (didn't attempt the RTH given what it was saying to me) other than that it didn't affect the flight.

I figured out the conditions to cause this error to show without fail and that is when the controller is very cold. When I flew the drone at the cabin it was warm inside so didn't have the issue but later in the day after being on the slopes for a few hours and a cold controller in my pocket I'd get the error every time. I remember seeing the error once at the cabin after being outside for 30 mins, -10 degrees C is like putting the equipment in a freezer.

Has anyone else experienced this error before? It's nothing to do with electromagnetic interference.
2017-2-4
Use props
fans95099a48
lvl.1
Flight distance : 850978 ft
Finland

Had exactly the same experience here in Finland: I flew the mavic outside over a frozen lake, air temperature was about -15C.  When the controller got cold I got this message.  
2017-2-8
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Well... guess we can't complain, it's way below the specifications
2017-2-8
Use props
NatasataN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100574 ft
Canada

Had the same error today after walking 2 hours in the woods at -20C with the Mavic & remote in my backpack. The remote was indeed very cold. I am reassured it's just a temperature thing. The Mavic still performed as it should but with extreme caution. Thanks for sharing the info guys!
2017-3-12
Use props
gtoews
lvl.2
Flight distance : 282159 ft
Canada

same issue here but no consequences from ignoring warning and flying.  can reproduce easily buy putting RC in freezer.
2018-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules