Gimble not moving
1663 5 2017-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jarrex
New

United States

Hello everyone,

Ok so when i start the mavic pro drone the gimble doesn't rotate or move at all.  I have updated the firmware, made sure the plastic clamp isnt in, and made sure its seated under the tabs correctely.  The camera works i can zoom in and out but the gimble just doesnt move at all.  It also flys just fine.

So I'm asking if there are any other steps i can take before sending it for repair.  Is it feasible for a novice like myself to try and take it apart and have a look?  Just very upsetting since there is no damage on the Mavic and it should be working fine.

Thank you for any tips or suggestions.

2017-2-4
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Taking it apart would void the warranty. Do you get Gimbal Obstructed error alerts? I'd open a support case and follow the steps they'll recommend before issuing a repair center shipment.
2017-2-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Did you get any error message from DJI GO app?
Have you tried to do the gimbal calibration?
If still no improvement, I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
You could fill in an online repair request form and apply for pickup here. https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-2-6
Use props
Jarrex
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-6 01:32
Did you get any error message from DJI GO app?
Have you tried to do the gimbal calibration?
If still no improvement, I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.

Ya I get the gimbal obstruction error when its free to move.  
Gimbal calibratison does nothing aswell.
Guess the only thing l can do is send it in for repair.

Thank you for all you help.
2017-2-6
Use props
Ekendrick
New

Hey jarrex, I’m having that exact same issue did you find a solution??? Would love to know if it’s just a software issue before I replace the gimble ribbon. Thanks
2018-5-15
Use props
S
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4993 ft
Slovakia

Ekendrick Posted at 2018-5-15 10:21
Hey jarrex, I’m having that exact same issue did you find a solution??? Would love to know if it’s just a software issue before I replace the gimble ribbon. Thanks

Hello, the same issue for me as well. After Mavic startup no gimbal "home position" movement. IMU calibration didn´t help, gimbal calibration freez in 10% (normal condition -> without gimbal calmp ), when I try to calibrate gimbal with mounted gimbal clamp, calibration goes to 80-90% and than blinking from 80 to 90, than back to 80 and 90%... Any advice?
2018-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules