Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tokenbrit
lvl.4
Flight distance : 384094 ft
United States

https://goo.gl/photos/yTZqGx94n6svvYNM7

Oh dear!

Fortunately the only damage was a large bite out of a propeller and amazingly the little Mav still flew.

2017-2-5
Use props
HTC
lvl.1
United States

Obstacle avoidance is almost pointless. I would have crashed my mavic long ago if I trusted it.
2017-2-5
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The MAVIC PRO was flying sideway and pointing to you so of course it will WON'T MISS the sign. The avoidance is set to direct and eye view of the camera...Please read the manual top to bottom...and be aware of your environment...
2017-2-5
Use props
tokenbrit
lvl.4
Flight distance : 384094 ft
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-2-5 07:37
The MAVIC PRO was flying sideway and pointing to you so of course it will WON'T MISS the sign. The avoidance is set to direct and eye view of the camera...Please read the manual top to bottom...and be aware of your environment...

It was using active track - I seem to remember reading  that obstacle avoidance is a feature.  But maybe you can direct me to another chapter in the manual.
2017-2-5
Use props
Jdwyier
lvl.2

United States

dronist Posted at 2017-2-5 07:37

It was in an arc but certainly not sideways to it or the sign would have not been near center of the screen just before impact. I'm a bit surprised OA didn't pick up the sign. Though as mentioned, I would not trust OA. In fact I rarely fly with it on.
2017-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Looks like the angle was just not there, it would need to fly straight facing the sign , you maybe should have started at higher altitude..
2017-2-5
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jdwyier Posted at 2017-2-5 07:45
It was in an arc but certainly not sideways to it or the sign would have not been near center of the screen just before impact. I'm a bit surprised OA didn't pick up the sign. Though as mentioned, I would not trust OA. In fact I rarely fly with it on.

Still as Hallmark mentioned it needs to be at eye level of the camera dead center...

I tried it in different scenarios if it was few inches higher than my head it continued to coming at me and I tried it similar to the video on a sideways pitch and it kept coming at me...

So it needs to be dead center straight at the object for it to work...
2017-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules