Litchi RTH Question/Problem
868 6 2017-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Taxi329
lvl.2
Flight distance : 107953 ft
United States

I was wondering if anyone has any insight into the following.  Using the Litchi app the RTH keeps getting engaged even though I am within direct sight of the drone and there is no loss of signal?  It doesn't always happen but occasionally the RTH keeps engaging no matter what I am doing, even when flying very close by.  Thanks in advance for any help or ideas.

2017-2-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

What AC are you flying?  
2017-2-6
Use props
Taxi329
lvl.2
United States

This is with the P3S, Iphone 6 with update IOS.
2017-2-6
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I've been using Litchi for around 6-months now with my P3A. I have never experienced an issue with the RTH.
I do however use Litchi mainly with waypoint missions so when a signal lose occurs, it continues to run the mission anyway. I have flown some non-waypoint mission flights, but again, never had a RTH problem. Sorry I know this is not helping you a bit. You say you have good signal strength correct? Have you tried selecting a  set channel instead of "Auto". Just something to try. Are you flying around any cell towers, etc. that might be causing some interference? Do you have same issue with the Go-app? I consistently fly out 2-3 miles with both apps with good signal strength. Are you in a city environment?
2017-2-6
Use props
Taxi329
lvl.2
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-2-6 06:33
I've been using Litchi for around 6-months now with my P3A. I have never experienced an issue with the RTH.
I do however use Litchi mainly with waypoint missions so when a signal lose occurs, it continues to run the mission anyway. I have flown some non-waypoint mission flights, but again, never had a RTH problem. Sorry I know this is not helping you a bit. You say you have good signal strength correct? Have you tried selecting a  set channel instead of "Auto". Just something to try. Are you flying around any cell towers, etc. that might be causing some interference? Do you have same issue with the Go-app? I consistently fly out 2-3 miles with both apps with good signal strength. Are you in a city environment?

Thanks for the ideas.  I have full strength on all signals.  And I have never experienced it before with DJI Go app.  And I don't always have it happen with Litchi, which I am also mainly using for waypoint missions as well.  I'll continue to play this weekend and provide an update if I can find anything.
2017-2-6
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Taxi329 Posted at 2017-2-6 09:28
Thanks for the ideas.  I have full strength on all signals.  And I have never experienced it before with DJI Go app.  And I don't always have it happen with Litchi, which I am also mainly using for waypoint missions as well.  I'll continue to play this weekend and provide an update if I can find anything.

Just have to comment on something here. You should not be seeing a RTH if you are running a mission in Litchi. So, I wasn't sure on when this was happening. I'm guessing it may be when you are not running the mission correct? I have never had that like I already said. One other question. Are you running the "Beta" version by chance, because I was a beta user and finally rolled back to the "released version". I was having some issues loading my missions sometimes and some other things like the "pano" wouldn't work for me. Anyway I have zero issues with the regular version. Just wondering about this? Good luck and let us know.
2017-2-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Are you sure you're aiming the antenna correctly?  Are you flying high - like overhead?  

Next time, keep it somewhat low and see how far you can fly.  Be sure to use the controller antenna correctly.

If you could post a video or your flight log or a video of your flight as it happens on your app, it would be helpful.  
2017-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules