HD signal loss with Go 4 App, fine with reg Go App
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hovering bird o
lvl.1

United States

I have a brand new Mavic Pro, the live video feed is very choppy if anything at all using the Go 4 App, if I use the older Go App live feed is fine and video stream is flawless. what is going on? I noticed the HD Signal meter 4 is blinking constantly when using the Go 4 App, when using the original Go App it is fine.
  I will be honest, after seeing all the problems these Mavic Pro drones are having, I am afraid to fly the thing and just use my Pro 3 instead at this point. I am feeling this was a $1000 of waisted money at this point and maybe should have bought the Pro 4 bird instead.

2017-2-5
Use props
Hovering bird o
lvl.1

United States

Live HD signal loss using Go 4 App, using older Go app live is fine.  Have tried two different Android devices, so have installed and reinstalled the application. If I fly the Mavic Pro with the older Go App its fine and the HD signal has no loss, if I fly with the Go 4 App then its terrible, you can just have it sitting on the ground and the signal has loss, flying I am standing next to it and the HD signal meter just flashes and the video feed is scrambled.
2017-2-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please clarify what's the model of android device you are using?
Are they in our device recommended list?
The App will requires more processing power.
2017-2-6
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-6 00:46

I do have some bad experiences with DJI GO 4 as well on my Sony Xperia Z Ultra.

And YES, Mindy, I checked all cables and the cables work well with DJI GO 3 and also with DJI GO 4. It´s DJI GO 4 which is the problem !

Since DJI announced discontinued support for DJI GO 3 by February I installed DJI GO 4 (and YES, I did everything for a CLEAN install: uninstalled DJI GO 3, ran a professional cleaning app  to wipe out all remnants of GO 3, restarted Z Ultra and installed GO 4)

Conncetion to RC was not a problem and everything went fine so far. Made some short tests and took my Mavic PRO with me to a skiing vacation.

I fired up RC, then Mavic, GO4 stepped in ............  BUT: I had a lag in video-transmission from Mavic to GO4 app of about 2 seconds .............. I shut off everything and restarted RC and Mavic and lag vanished.

Took off with a hand-start (after Mavic recorded homepoint) on a steep slope and wanted to check tracking-function when I am skiing. NOPE: GO4 told me Mavic is MINUS 70m below ground preventing to activate tracking-function. Just flew around a little bit and took some stills ............ When checking the stills they were totally out of focus ........... autofocus was not working at all neither for stills nor for video .................

Then I started to fly around in a small radius (about 30-40m) and intermittently GO4 lost connection to Mavic. Nothing serious and only very short, but it lost it.

After loss the RC-symbol in GO4 was grayed out but on the RC showed five bars and never lit up again until restart. Sometimes RC-symbol is grayed out from the beginning. Tracking functions were difficult to activate and tracked object was lost very often.

Sometimes it even stopped working at all, showing only N/A´s in all categories on the smartphone screen although RC showed everything perfect. And NO: cables are fine, were fine with GO 3 and are fine now again with GO 3

I went back to DJI GO 3 (clean uninstall of GO4, wiping cache etc.) and tested under exact the same conditions: NO SINGLE FAILURE, smooth function, autofocus working perfectly as before, no connection loss, no video-transmission lag, RC symbol fully lit with NO SINGLE connection-lost warning, tracking working again (within it´s limits) as before.

I was happy and felt safe again to fly my Mavic as I used to fly it until I installed the CRAPPY DJI GO 4.

I just missed the cinematic mode and some camera adjustments in GO 3

SUMMARY: for older Android smartphones (even these certified ones on the DJI-list) DJI GO 4 can be a desaster, preventing all fun to fly the Mavic.

I don´t care if DJI GO 3 reminds me to upgrade to 4 everytime I fire up my Mavic and I don´t care if support and development for GO 3 stops soon. I simply want to fly my Mavic as smooth as I flew it from the beginning with DJI GO 3 and don´t want to be bothered by crappy programming of DJI GO 4 for Android-phones.

DJI GO 4 is BY FAR not finished and I consider it a beta-Version at best for Android smartphones which I do not want to test and maybe lose my Mavic just because DJI has sloppy software-engineers and throws faulty Android-software "on the market" for us to test and report malfunctions. Even if they would replace my possibly lost Mavic due to software-failure of GO 4 it is an eternal hazzle to get this done (upload flight logs, fighting denials of responsibility by DJI, waiting for support emails, tickets, RMAs and finally for a new Mavic which would have NOT gone lost if DJI would have made their homework and issued a FLAWLESS DJI GO 4 as is DJI GO 3 for MY Android smartphone).

So, all You DJI-Kens, Paladins, Mindis and whoever: tell the DJI-devs to do their homework on DJI GO 4 for ANDROID and extend support and updates for DJI GO 3 as long as DJI GO 4 for Android is not a fully functional and flawless app as DJI GO 3 is !

2017-2-6
Use props
Hovering bird o
lvl.1

United States

I second to extend the support for Go 3 Application till you get all the bugs worked out. I tried the Go 4 App on an Android device and an Apple device and neither work correctly. I tried the regular Go 3 App on both the Apple and the Android and worked great with no video problems at all.  I flew my Phantom 3 Pro yesterday as I really cannot trust this brand new Mavic Pro when your software is so glithcy its not worth loosing a $1000 bird at this point. Glad to see its just not me having issues on Live Video Feed issues on Go 4 Application.
2017-2-6
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

Hovering bird o Posted at 2017-2-6 05:46
I second to extend the support for Go 3 Application till you get all the bugs worked out. I tried the Go 4 App on an Android device and an Apple device and neither work correctly. I tried the regular Go 3 App on both the Apple and the Android and worked great with no video problems at all.  I flew my Phantom 3 Pro yesterday as I really cannot trust this brand new Mavic Pro when your software is so glithcy its not worth loosing a $1000 bird at this point. Glad to see its just not me having issues on Live Video Feed issues on Go 4 Application.

I would not care and would stay with GO 3 if DJI would not insist to switch to GO 4 at every startup of GO 3. They should delay closure of support for GO 3 maybe by the end of this year .................
2017-2-6
Use props
Hovering bird o
lvl.1

United States

When using the Go 4 App, the HD Signal meter is flashing on the upper bar in the App when the bird is sitting or flying and does not matter if your next to the bird or 50 feet in the air, its just a bad application to control the bird with. So If we just keep using the Go 3 application what will happen?
2017-2-6
Use props
Hovering bird o
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-6 00:46

I tried my Galaxy Tab 4, works great with DJI Go 3 app, looses HD signal on the DJI 4 app, why would I loose signal?
2017-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules