FPV Problems
6059 19 2015-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
matdrum5
lvl.1

United States

I have been having difficulty getting footage to my receiver. I am pretty new to drones so I don't really know how to resolve this problem. I have a phantom 2 with zenumuse h3-3d. The gopro I have on is a Hero4 Silver and it works perfectly fine without FPV. I have wired a plug and play cable which runs to the iosd mini and then to the transmitter. My transmitter is a FatShark 250mW V3 5.8GHz Video Transmitter. My reciever is a flysight 32 channel black pearl. When everything is runnning I can not get a picture on my receiver. I can get a scamrbled picture of the iosd settings but no view from the camera. All of the computers in my home are mac and Dji does not have a iosd software assistant for mac. Do I need a different transmitter? I have had this drone for only 3 months so I am just a beginner!
2015-2-19
Use props
willisfilm
New

United States

Hi,

I'm having a very similar problem. I have a gopro going to an h3-3d into the anti-interferance board, into the DJI hub, into a AVL58 transmitter, transmitting to a delvcam 5.8 receiver monitor. When I power up I the static on the screen goes away, but all I see is a black picture. I'm on the same channel, and at this point I've swapped out all the different componants looking for the cause. Is there something in the actual Phantom that could be causing this problem? Something with one of the boards maybe?

Any advice you can offer would be incredibly helpful.
2015-2-20
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

Are your settings (PAL or NTSC) on your GoPro the same as on your Black pearl?
2015-2-20
Use props
matdrum5
lvl.1

United States

Yes, they are both on NTSC
2015-2-21
Use props
matdrum5
lvl.1

United States

So today I got the signal unscrambled but there is still a black screen
2015-2-21
Use props
matdrum5
lvl.1

United States

here are some images to show my situation
IMG_1748.JPG
2015-2-25
Use props
matdrum5
lvl.1

United States

Here are some pictures to show the situation
FullSizeRender-3.jpg
IMG_1750.jpg
IMG_1751.jpg
2015-2-25
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

matdrum5 Posted at 2015-2-26 10:09

Do you have the anti-interference board hooked up to the H3-3D.  I don't see it in the images.  I don't think it is a requirement but, why do they call it an "anti-interference board".?  I have read that there is an issue between the Black Pearl 32 channel monitor/receiver and the ImmersionRC video transmitter.  Fat Shark and Immersion are very similar.  I hear the 7 channel Black Pearl is a better match, due to wave length issues between the two.
2015-2-25
Use props
matdrum5
lvl.1

United States

oakspi Posted at 2015-2-26 10:36
Do you have the anti-interference board hooked up to the H3-3D.  I don't see it in the images.  I  ...

I have the anti-interference board hooked up it is just not viewable on picture! But I have also heard problems with the 32 channel and fat shark. The problem though is that a new black magic would be another $230! I wonder if I could work around getting another by just getting a new transmitter. I've seen a flysight 32 channel transmitter that I was considering buying for the 90 bucks.
2015-2-25
Use props
oakspi
lvl.4

United States

That makes sense.  I would try another video transmitter brand that others are using with the 32 channel with success.  You might check the antennas for compatibility.  There are several issues with antennas.  The RHCP's don't work with the LHCP's. plus there are two different antenna connections involving where they connect to the FatShark or your receiver.
2015-2-26
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

The anti-interference board corrects some isues with the gimbal, doesn't effect FPV. The 32-Chan BP is known to have awful performance on band F but I've never seen just a black screen. If you do get another transmitter, make sure it does not opperate on band F.
2015-2-26
Use props
siweckipawel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57070 ft
  • >>>
Poland

All is ok, your FPV transmitter is working fine because you can see iOSD data, but you do not have  video from GOPRO. CHeck the side ribbon connector.

Also checke the cable that goes into the iOSD mini with video signal, clearly iOSD mini can't see  video from the camera.

It can be dead video output in gopro too, but you have old phantom 2 v1 so the gimbal ribbon video cable is very weak, and easy to break. So check it and exchange to new in a first place.
2015-2-26
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

Antennae's are not the issue.  At this close a range you should get a signal even if the receiver antennae is removed.  Wrong polarization will attenuate the signal but not block it.  Besides you are getting the IOSD in the video monitor so you are receiving the downlink signal.  You are not getting the video from the IOSD.  So IOSD is sending a signal with the OSD information overlaid on a blank video stream to the transmitter and the transmitter is sending the signal to the receiver.  The problem is getting the video out of the GoPro to the IOSD or a issue with the IOSD taking the signal.  Everything from the IOSD output to the  Black Pearl video monitor is working fine.  

If you have a GoPro USB video cable try connecting the direct to the transmitter by passing the gimbal and IOSD and associated connections.
If this works then the GoPro is outputting a video signal OK (We have had defective new GoPros that would not put out video)
If this does not work then the issue may be with the GoPro. Check setting.  
If it works then the issue is between the output of the GoPro to the input of the IOSD.  Check all you wiring and connections between these two points.
Sometimes bad connection wire break or bad connector can be the issue.

Are you using the DJI USB Hub?   I think from what I see but...
2015-2-26
Use props
siweckipawel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57070 ft
  • >>>
Poland

He is not using DJI FPV  HUB since he has ready made cable.  
2015-2-26
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

Meant to say I don't think so ---Typo
2015-2-26
Use props
matdrum5
lvl.1

United States

Thank you for all of the help! I I think I have gotten it narrowed down to it being a go pro problem. I took out the is mini and the connection between the transmitter and the receiver was still there but it was still a black screen. I have checked my wires (plug and play, and gimbal ribbon). I put a new gimbal usb output connection wire on just to see what would happen. But that didn't change the black screen. Also, when I connect the go pro to the gimbal it glitches out into a black screen on the gopro lcd itself.  

happens after I connect to phantom

happens after I connect to phantom
2015-3-1
Use props
matdrum5
lvl.1

United States

Okay, so it has been a while later and I have received a fixed camera from go pro. I have tried it again today and there is till a black screen! this is frustrating!!! so you guys say to check the wires or iosd? I will give it a shot. I might resort to getting a H4-3D and pray that will work.
2015-4-5
Use props
myron
lvl.4

Philippines

matdrum5 Posted at 2015-2-26 10:09

ohhh motor wiring to esc again pretty scarry once the solder contact point tear off due of vibration goodbye thousand bucks..
2015-4-5
Use props
Bissey
New

Namibia

matdrum5 Posted at 2015-4-5 18:44
Okay, so it has been a while later and I have received a fixed camera from go pro. I have tried it a ...

In the end, what happened? I have the same issues and have thrown my P2 in a box for the last 10 months because of the level of frustration.
2015-12-1
Use props
nicoljcraig
New
Flight distance : 107641 ft
United Kingdom

Did you get a fix for this? I have the exact same setup and having the same problem. Weird thing is, it used to work absolutely fine. Same setup. But haven't used it in a while and now I get all the flight data but no video output to monitor. Even right beside the craft. If anyone has any advice would be much appreciated.
2016-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules