Too many battery Minor Deviations?
898 5 2017-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaveNC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28560 ft
United States

(Searched and saw some info on Major Deviations, but not much about minor ones.)

I uploaded all my logs to HealthyDrones and noticed that both of my batteries show a lot of "Minor Deviations" in Cell #1.

I have two batteries. The one that came with my Phantom 3 Std showed 53.8 minor deviatons right out of the box. (Cells 2-4 showed 0). It only has 4 charge cycles on it, and over this time it has varied from 41.6 to 55.6 in cell#1. Cells #2-4 occasionally have minor deviations of 1 or less.

Battery nuber two only has 2 charge cycles on it. It started out with 12.5 minor deviations in cell #1, with deviations less than 1 in the other cells. The three flights I've done on this battery show minor deviations of 12.5, 11.5, and 11.1, with deviations of 1 or less in the other three cells.

Healthy Drones says minor deviations are normal, but I wonder why they all occur in cell #1 on both batteries, and why did the battery that came with the drone start out with cell #1 minor deviations of 53.8, which is into the "Yellow Zone" on Healthy Drones?

Here's a screen shot of the battery info from my latest flight today:

MinorDevBatt1

MinorDevBatt1

Should I contact DJI about this battery?

Thanks,

Dave

2017-2-5
Use props
DaveNC
lvl.2
United States

By the way, neither battery show any Major Deviations so far.
2017-2-5
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Minor deviation are just that, minor. No need to be concerned. Even major ones are normal now and than, I have a few on both batteries of mine, and use them on every flight, no problem.
2017-2-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

If the drone is flying great for you, then you have no concern.

But keep an eye on them, as you are already.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-5
Use props
DLX734
lvl.2
United States

I get almost the exact same display from HealthyDrones on my new (just received) battery, and something else on the original battery which has a lot more flights.  I just take them at their word when they say the battery is fine... too much information that I don't understand the implications of isn't helpful anyway.

The batteries work fine.  I agree with the others, don't worry about it.
2017-2-6
Use props
DaveNC
lvl.2
United States

OK, thanks for the responses. I'll stop worrying about it unless things change.

Dave
2017-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules