Bolt has come off right remote controller antenna
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Boatman 4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 439003 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

Somehow the restraining bolt that holds in the right antenna on my Mavic's remote controller has come off (see pic). As a result the antenna is very wobbly. I've opened a case with DJI support (#419327) and am waiting for them to get back to me...
IMG_0270.jpg
2017-2-5
Use props
Hondas3000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5643 ft
Canada

can you just fix it yourself? it is such a minor fix and you don't have to deal with the hassle of sending in.
2017-2-5
Use props
The Boatman 4
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I'd rather not do anything that might interfere with the antenna... which is a pretty crucial part of the drone's operation. The controller is two months old, it shouldn't be already falling apart.
2017-2-5
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Nobody is suggesting the 2 month old remote is normal to lose a screw.
But such a massive job, i would send it back to DJI for a few weeks and let them deal with the difficult job of replacing that screw.
Edit: It looks like it also has a tiny plug to be inserted after the screw to make it flush.

2017-2-5
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

Actually don't do it yourself, there was a mention from another post that making any custom modifications (including do it yourself fixes) will void the warranty.

Apparently this is was listed as one of the common issues: http://www.droningon.co/2016/10/ ... with-dji-mavic-pro/
2017-2-5
Use props
The Boatman 4
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Returned the remote to DJI support in the Netherlands, and they've sent me a new one. Turnaround once it was unpacked was very quick, but took about a fortnight to get there and back. Haven't been able to fly it yet as the weather here has been awful, but should get out on Monday.
2017-3-3
Use props
PimpDawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

Bear in mind, you will likely be blamed for the issue, as DJI oftentimes does not take responsibility for it's quality control issues. So you might be left with a repair bill.
2017-3-3
Use props
The Boatman 4
lvl.2
United Kingdom

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-3-3 06:11
Bear in mind, you will likely be blamed for the issue, as DJI oftentimes does not take responsibility for it's quality control issues. So you might be left with a repair bill.

I should make clear that it was replaced at no charge.
2017-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules