Where are the DJI reps?
2474 12 2015-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jason
lvl.1

United States

As I'm scanning through dozens of very important topics, there's hardly any feedback from DJI on any of these issues.  DJI... this is your forum.  What's the point of creating it if you can't serve it?  Seems like you're finding great success right now and are overwhelmed with orders and of course with that comes lots of tech support questions and problems... I hope you're hiring and training more people.  
2015-2-19
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

I know....

>Just Fun <

2015-2-19
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

The whole company is on their annual Chinese new years vacation. It's like the US on Christmas day, most people are not working right  now.
2015-2-19
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are a couple that comment and I am sure they are watching the forum, such as Blade. It seems to me that they interact on serious posts. I don't blame them for not responding to the nit picking. Don't get upset over my comment. Put yourself in their shoes. For the majority of the questions are answered by the forum participants from their real world experiences which is the greatest input of all.
2015-2-19
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am here and I go through the posts daily.  My associates in China are on their New Year's Holiday.  Yes it is a big deal for them.  If there is misinformation then I will try to correct it or if there are no solutions proposed I will also post.  You can also address your questions to us directly in the thread where you have an issue.
2015-2-19
Use props
snathla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-2-20 13:12
I am here and I go through the posts daily.  My associates in China are on their New Year's Holiday. ...

Tahoe_Ed - Can you respond to the issues people are facing with the runaway Inspires? What has DJI found to be the issue, a lot os us may be taking a gamble flying these till some fix comes out? What is an ETA for updating the firmware and identifying the problem.
2015-2-19
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The problem is know.  It is a compass issue.  When the FC detects what it considers an abnormal compass reading it disables the GPS and throws the Inspire into ATTI mode.  Some people are not accustomed to flying in ATTI mode and the craft will drift.  You have to be able to fly these craft.  Once the FC recognizes the compass then GPS is restored.  For most people this is a momentary drop  of GPS 10-30 seconds and does not occurs again in the flight.  For some it happens more often.  DJI has a beta solution right now and I have tested it.  There is supposed to be one more round to tests.  That probably will not happen until after Chinese New Years.
2015-2-19
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-2-20 13:48
The problem is know.  It is a compass issue.  When the FC detects what it considers an abnormal comp ...

Well that's good to hear!
2015-2-19
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

ed,

Best wishes and new year happiness  for 2015

Sen-nin feye-lor   ( If this is correct)

We all appreciate Chinese New Year is importatnt to all Chinese people around the world as it is for many of us when a new year starts.  

However, we must not forget that these aircraft cost lots of cash and no one wants to lose one due to return to home functions not working and a Fly-Away event.   Hopefully there wont be any further reports of Fly-Aways until DJI can issue a firmware update after their New Year celebrations.  

That said, time doesnt stand still for the many Inspire owners, so if there is a known problem, please, please tell us if we need to ground the Inspire until DJI can fix it with an update etc.

On a final note:
Ed would you recommend using a separate GPS Tracker to assist in finding the aircraft should it Fly off.  If so would you suggest the best location e.g rear of aircraft at back of battery compartment ?  It would seem logical to try and protect your asset and attempt to recover it should it actually fly off.
2015-2-20
Use props
wesdorman
lvl.2

United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-2-20 19:29
ed,

Best wishes and new year happiness  for 2015

I like the idea of a separate GPS tracker.  Anyone have links to any??  Experience?  
2015-2-20
Use props
TheFlyGuy
lvl.2

Israel

The problem is know.  It is a compass issue.

Tahoe_Ed thanks for your respond,

There are other issues with the inspire like disconnecting from transmitter, not return to home at fail safe, not reacting to TX commands, gimbal issues, etc.

Can you tell us if the new beta will address those issues too?
2015-2-20
Use props
TheFlyGuy
lvl.2

Israel

I like the idea of a separate GPS tracker.  Anyone have links to any??  Experience?  

There are 2 or more threads in that forum talking about that.

For me the rf-v16 was the best tracker to buy because it uses the latest GPS technology and have all the features you will find with other GPS tracker + a speaker - so you will be able to track your drone easily on spot by fallow the ringer noise on it.
It is the smallest and lightest tracker i have seen so far and it's very not expensive. you will find it at Amazon, eBay, Aliexspress.
2015-2-20
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

wesdorman@gmail Posted at 2015-2-20 20:05

Try :
www.gotek7.com

They have a Prime Lite and a Prime II.  I spoke with the technical guys today.  They operate on a Pay as you go basis, with sim card provided you just top up the sim on their web site.  The small one weighs 56g and the Prime II weigh 77g.  Apparently the Prime II is slightly larger in size, but has a larger built in aerial and a new board which provides better reception.  Both seem to be priced well in comparison to others on other sites such as the Chameleon on the Trackershop.

Both the Gotek 7 devices work on principal  of deducting credits from the sim at a rate of 1 Report = 1p  so if you set the GPS device to send a location report every 30 seconds once started  say 20 minute flight would cost 40p.  Seems reasonable to have that safety of tracking it should it decide to fly off.  It also charges the sim for every text message if you request a location from teh device.

The guy I spoke with said if you dont plan on using it and switch it off, you dont use or lose any credits on the sim. So another bonus if you dont use the aircraft due to bad weather, you dont lose any credits if its not on.  

They are based in France but when I asked "Parlez vous Englais"   They spoke English perfectly and were very good in providing answers to all questions I had.  The App is free to download and the App can be changed to show various languages English, French, Dutch etc.  It also can be used overseas, international locations.

As for locating the GPS on the inspire, does anyone know what this box is on the rear of the Inspire

http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/GB114/library/Inspire%201
2015-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules