Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery problem
886 6 2017-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2bfc656e
lvl.1

United States

I received my Phantom 3 Standard for Christmas and have had a great time flying.  I have been reading a lot of the forum discussions and have learned a lot.  I finally have my first problem that I can't quite understand.  I last flew on Friday and everything was fine.  I then charged the battery , or so I thought, and was going to fly today, Sunday,  and lo and behold the battery was only at about 20%.  I thought I must have had a loose connection and didn't get a full charge on Friday.  I bring it back inside and plug it in and walk away.  I came back by after about 3 min. and notice the LED's are off.  I unplug it and watch and LED #1 starts blinking!  I check the manual and the battery troubleshooting section has no diagnosis for LED # 1 blinking!  Anyone able to help with this problem?  Thank you!
2017-2-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

In the app, on the battery page, how many days do you have the Auto Discharge set for?

RedHotPoker
2017-2-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

In addition to RHP, may I know how long you've charged it?
The battery came together with the aircraft, right?
Would you please record a small video showing the changes of LED status when charging?
2017-2-6
Use props
fans2bfc656e
lvl.1

United States

I have not changed the auto-discharge so it is still set for 10 days.  Yes, this is the battery that came with the aircraft.  There is no change in LED status while charging because after about 10 seconds LED #1 starts blinking.  No charging going on.
2017-2-6
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

What was the battery approx temperature when you tried to charge?  There is a fast blink mode and a slower blink mode. I think when the LED blinks fast, the temp may not be correct for charging (just off the top of my head). I have seen the fast blink when I try to charge in the field after flying when the battery was still warm.
I would just plug it in for awhile and see what happens in the long term.
2017-2-6
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

fans2bfc656e Posted at 2017-2-6 04:21
I have not changed the auto-discharge so it is still set for 10 days.  Yes, this is the battery that came with the aircraft.  There is no change in LED status while charging because after about 10 seconds LED #1 starts blinking.  No charging going on.

I would only expect one LED to flash if it was at 20% by the way.
2017-2-6
Use props
fans2bfc656e
lvl.1

United States

Thanks Robert,  I would think that if it were LED #4 but this is LED #1.  The manual shows no diagnosis for blinking LED #1.  Also,  the temperature was within the parameters for charging, no issue there.
2017-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules