Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[Controller] Gimbal Dial: Direction and Sensitivity
12598 20 2017-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I was wondering if there was a way to change the behaviour of the (12) Gimbal Dial wheel, which controls the tilt of the camera:

> I would like to see a software option to reverse Up/Down logic (current setting is not how my brain is wired, I always get it wrong way round.).
> I would like to see a 'Sensitivity' setting for the tilting, like 'Tripod' where controller input makes for smaller than current tilt adjustments.

Maybe you could consider these functionalities for a future firmware update.
Love this machine ;-)) cheers!
2017-2-5
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes there is... You can control it from the Gimball advanced screen on the GO APP and adjust how fast or how slow the pitch is and you can also control the yaw and turn thru the RC section of the APP.

One suggestion, read the manual....
2017-2-5
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

dronist Posted at 2017-2-5 20:16
Yes there is... You can control it from the Gimball advanced screen on the GO APP and adjust how fast or how slow the pitch is and you can also control the yaw and turn thru the RC section of the APP.

One suggestion, read the manual....

Dear @dronist,
If you would have read the manual yourself you would have understood which controller wheel (12) I have been referring to.
Nothing in the manual explains how you can customize this left (gimbal tilt) controller wheel.
Yes, I know there is a smartphone gimbal movement touch option in the GO APP, but that wasn't what I asked;
And I believe the GAIN settings in the advanced menu only refer to the controller behaviour / drone flight characteristics, hence nothing to do with gimbal movements.
Whilst I appreciate your response, it has not resolved my query in any way or helped this discussion I believe.
2017-2-5
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

AVsupport Posted at 2017-2-5 21:30
Dear @dronist,
If you would have read the manual yourself you would have understood which controller wheel (12) I have been referring to.
Nothing in the manual explains how you can customize this left (gimbal tilt) controller wheel.

Again, when we say read the manual it is NOT as we putting anyone down.

As I explain above, Sensitivity Issue:

click on the Gimbal icon, then click on Advanced Settings, then First Selection:

GIMBAL PITCH EXP adjusted as low or as high which will slow or speed up the Gimbal Pitch. You also have the smoothness which will give you more control.

2017-2-6
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

@dronist, I appreciate you are trying to help,
I have been through the Mavic user manual plenty of times;

Can the You (all of you - 'We') please point out the relevant page that I have missed?

- I searched for 'gimbal'
- I searched for 'sensitivity'
' I searched for 'tilt'
' I searched for 'pitch'

Unless you are referring to a different drone (this is posted in the Mavic section of the forum..are you a Phantom user?),
I believe this option [GIMBAL PITCH EXP] does unfortunately not exist for the Mavic, but it would be great if it did.

Hence this post, to raise awareness for Mavic staff to consider implementation of this feature (codebase seems already in existance elsewhere...)
2017-2-6
Use props
Egika
lvl.2
Flight distance : 379593 ft

China

Just have a look at the app yourself. The gimbal settings can be seen without being connected to the Mavic.
No way to reverse the dial logic so farm.
IMG_0177.PNG
2017-2-6
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Is this one of those areas where you have to be connected to the Mavic in order to see all the prefs?
Oh, and +1 on the option to reverse the gimbal dial direction -- I without fail go the wrong direction.
2017-2-6
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Egika Posted at 2017-2-6 16:56
Just have a look at the app yourself. The gimbal settings can be seen without being connected to the Mavic.
No way to reverse the dial logic so farm.

Thanks @Egika, this is helpful!
I now can see the Gimbal app menu item..which I didn't before, as I am using an iphone 5S which has a relatively small screen, only 5 menu items will show at any given time.
The 'scroll bar' disappears after a few seconds, hence I didn't realize there's more menu items ('gimbal settings', 'general'..) below the 'Aircraft Battery' sub menu.

This has solved the issue, thanks ;-)
And yes, a 'reverse control' tickbox would be nice.
2017-2-6
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

i would also like for DJI to add the function to reverse the wheel.......
2017-7-12
Use props
KosteX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210079 ft
Netherlands

I don't know if this will result in the actual option, but I would like the reverse wheel option also.. My brain won't change it's mind..
2017-7-13
Use props
kevin graehl
lvl.1
United States

This is super super super super stupid..  I just purchased and  it drives me freakin crazy???  Why go against the grain dji?   WE pull for up, push away for down..  Radio control ,  747's ,  life..   I'm voiding my warranty and reversing the wires on the pot tonight..  Stupid as stupid can be that it hasn't been taken into consideration.    I'll post a how to video,   might have to scrape traces on the circuit board if there are no wires and jump--  something i can do and will be well worth it..   

I Hate HATE hate it as it is,, Lovely otherwise..  Amazing actually.   And why are the green lights on the back and red on front?   that seems backwards, but thats prob an old avation standard,,  Took me a while to get used to.   Been flying R/C planes/ helicopters for decades..   
2018-9-7
Use props
fansc2aa61f6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2067139 ft
United States

well actually you push to add power and that will cause a climb...right?   It's not a elevator its a throttle...is one way to look at it
2018-10-25
Use props
Rrrrr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116260 ft
United States

BadBert Posted at 2017-7-12 05:55
i would also like for DJI to add the function to reverse the wheel.......

Add me to the list of "reverse wired brains" - a little checkbox would be lovely DJI. Thank you in advance.
2019-4-7
Use props
djiuser_8JuTARwEbgDL
New
Flight distance : 121 ft
Singapore

Add me to the list of push:down and pull:up brain wired people too. It for me is a reason not to fly often. Even if there is no write or wrong, GIVE US THE OPTION to set.
2020-11-7
Use props
In Color
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42831 ft
  • >>>
United States

Plus one for me to be able to reverse the gimble dial direction. My instinctual maneuver is to do it the opposite way that it's set up. I really like how customizable the controller is, so it's really frustrating that this can't be reversed with a switch.
2021-2-7
Use props
ultracat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 202228 ft
Canada

Just want to add my name to the list of people wanting the ability to reverse the left-side up/down camera dial. It seems like I'm consistently getting this wrong no matter how many times I fly and it's ruined more than a few otherwise sweet, smooth video captures. There's nothing more infuriating than suddenly panning up when you meant to pan down, and vice versa. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, DJI, we beg you--add this setting option in some kind of firmware update!    
2021-5-28
Use props
androidarmy
lvl.1

United States

Don't void your warranty or write angry letters to dji—just get out your labelmazer!

2021-6-21
Use props
androidarmy
lvl.1

United States

androidarmy Posted at 6-21 11:07
Don't void your warranty or write angry letters to dji—just get out your labelmazer!

[view_image]

LOL! [labelmaker]
2021-6-21
Use props
Captain Dangerous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 251762 ft
United Kingdom

+1 on the gimbal wheel direction I also get it wrong every time, my brain is also wired wrong.  I think you have the answers on sensitivity settings, if you need more help just shout, and the manual is pretty rubbish!!
2021-6-26
Use props
djiuser_KPi2hv5uW4fI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4764 ft
Canada

Just add my name to the list who want to reverse the gimbal dial, got it wrong every time. Unbelievable the thread is couple years old and still not have a solution in the latest Mini2 FW.
2021-12-7
Use props
djiuser_hN9898x8VBsR
New

Philippines

This is still a problem now. Can you add it already? I am using the mini 3. Also I want it instead to customize the gimbal to my left stick and the dial to be the ascend and descend.
2023-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules