872 12 2017-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IvanMatin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 483809 ft
United States

To whom it may concern,

Hello, I would like to request an update on the RC for the Battery life.
It's not bad, it is terrible...
It looses charge every minute if you not use. I had it fully charged, but 2 day I did not fly because of weather conditions. Today I did went, and because I knew I had my battery charged, I went straith to the field to fly. After 5 minutes of flying I had to stop because the RC was 16%, which is not fear to be like that!
And also why my RC charges my Phone or a Tablet, and like that i'm loosing charge even faster. Can you fix that as well, please. Not good for drone $2000 (yes, In Australia is almost).
Drone battery is great, but you need to thing about the remote as well... I cant lose time before every flight to charge everything on 100% which I already lost half a day to charge.

Please, don't thing only for the profit that you DJI make, you need customer satisfaction as well. We pay you, we want a good product, not only half of it.
Don't get me wrong, I love your Mavic and do have it since Pre-Orders in October. Many updates ware made, but only for the drone. RC is important as well.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards
Ivan Matin
Have a nice day

2017-2-5
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

Something doesn't sound right.  The RC battery should last about 4-5 flights without the need to charge and should keep its charge when stored just fine.  Also, mine doesn't charge my mobile device.  I thought this was a deliberate feature since the RC battery is much smaller than on the Phantom line.
2017-2-5
Use props
PAYBACK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683885 ft
South Africa

BuzzCut Posted at 2017-2-5 23:17
Something doesn't sound right.  The RC battery should last about 4-5 flights without the need to charge and should keep its charge when stored just fine.  Also, mine doesn't charge my mobile device.  I thought this was a deliberate feature since the RC battery is much smaller than on the Phantom line.

Charger does not keep it charge when stored! Drains slowly at what rate I'm not but, but it most certainly drops.
2017-2-5
Use props
PAYBACK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683885 ft
South Africa

Charger does not keep it charge when stored! Drains slowly at what rate I'm not but, but it most certainly drops.
2017-2-5
Use props
IvanMatin
lvl.2
United States

Android Devices, Samsung S7 Edge and Sony Xperia Z4 tablet.
2017-2-6
Use props
Willik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

Hi, I can also confirm here. No problems with my RC and fligt time so far.
I always charge all three combo batteries via the Charging hub (together with the RC and the phone) the night before I want to go out and fly.

Then one RC batt. cycle lasts all 3 batteries within the Mavic (so approx. 1,5 hour of flying and turning vids). There are also some guides how to connect a powerbank to the RC so you dont get the RC batt. drained at all during the flight.

There were also some concerns mentioned about charging the phone from the RC when it gets connected together (I can confirm that)... my Samsung S5 NEO is also being charged during the flight time, but I don't see this as a problem at all. Check if your phone/tablet doesn't drain the RC battery.

Concerning the Mavic batts. I guess there is not any problem as you have also mentioned, just to remind, the Mavic batts. have the self-discharge cycle set at the setting menu in DJI GO app. Recommended to be set for 3 days or similar shorter period - (not for 10 days max.) since it's better for the batt. life - of course depends on how often you fly...
In the app. there is also the number of charging cycles passed so you can clearly see how old (how many times used) is the batt. It is recommended to have the batts. marked and cycle them in the order to have them used all in the equal way.

Good luck with your RC.
Cheers!
2017-2-6
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

Many phones has a setting where you can turn the USB charging off and use it as a OTG system only.
Regards,
-d.
2017-2-6
Use props
IvanMatin
lvl.2
Australia

bunny too Posted at 2017-2-6 05:23
Many phones has a setting where you can turn the USB charging off and use it as a OTG system only.
Regards,
-d.

I've been using ONLY android and can you be more specific where is that option, because there are 3 options when you plug the cable. And the connection between RC and Tablet or phone disconnects every time you change it... I don't know how is iOS and I really don't care there...

2017-2-6
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

IvanMatin Posted at 2017-2-6 16:18
I've been using ONLY android and can you be more specific where is that option, because there are 3 options when you plug the cable. And the connection between RC and Tablet or phone disconnects every time you change it... I don't know how is iOS and I really don't care there...

I will do a test now and get back to you shortly, I am running a Droid Turbo 5.1.
Regards,
-d.
2017-2-6
Use props
IvanMatin
lvl.2
Australia

Try, I'm actually making a video to proof DJI Support, which no answer from them...
2017-2-6
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

You are correct, I have five different options to connect with and they all returned to the default, however the battery charging I received was minimal, 14mA. Perhaps something to address in a forthcoming update.
Regards,
-d.
2017-2-6
Use props
IvanMatin
lvl.2
Australia

Yes, I did the video. And for 2 mins the RC battery went 4% down... NOT GOOD.
I'll post a link
2017-2-6
Use props
IvanMatin
lvl.2
Australia

2017-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules