26 hours of logs/journals/bugs submitted to the Beta
670 8 2017-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 749413 ft
Australia

I just finished off for the moment this round of Beta testing.

All up I managed to upload 26 hrs of flight logs, reports, bugs and suggestions. It was great to see things happening and changes made based on the info we gave.

A little sketchy at times with some beta firmware but all very good evolution of this firmware for such a revolutionary product.

There is a large team behind the scenes actually listening and supporting our requests - well done DJI

2017-2-6
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

What beta? How do you opt-in to a beta program? What have you tested? New firmware? APP? Features?
2017-2-6
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

CuaC Posted at 2017-2-6 02:05
What beta? How do you opt-in to a beta program? What have you tested? New firmware? APP? Features?

There was a post a few months back on this forum reaching out asking for testing so I applied.

I had to sign things to not say much so I can't really go into it.
Mostly firmware debugging prior to release of the software.

2017-2-6
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

Bax Posted at 2017-2-6 03:29
There was a post a few months back on this forum reaching out asking for testing so I applied.

I had to sign things to not say much so I can't really go into it.

Ok... so what can you disclose? Was it good? Does it address the issues people is having so far?
2017-2-6
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

CuaC Posted at 2017-2-6 04:13
Ok... so what can you disclose? Was it good? Does it address the issues people is having so far?

Yes many.
I just wanted to make the post to show they are listening and working on fixing and improving our Mavic.

I've bought drones and other gear from other suppliers that never offer updates or close down or just don't spend money to improve things.

I think it's good to know this company is.
2017-2-6
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Germany

Bax Posted at 2017-2-6 04:37
Yes many.
I just wanted to make the post to show they are listening and working on fixing and improving our Mavic.

Great to know then, I hope the new wonders are out soon!
2017-2-6
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

CuaC Posted at 2017-2-6 04:41
Great to know then, I hope the new wonders are out soon!

I'm sure they will.

I wouldn't hold my breath for anything major, only ever slight improvement but improved is always good.
2017-2-6
Use props
Sergey_B
lvl.1

Ukraine

Hi Bax,
There are several topics on the forum where people had crashes because their drone did not respond to RC after GPS lost/kick to ATTI.

May be you're able to comment? Like does DJI team investigating these cases?
2017-2-6
Use props
Bax
lvl.4
Australia

Sergey_B Posted at 2017-2-6 05:55
Hi Bax,
There are several topics on the forum where people had crashes because their drone did not respond to RC after GPS lost/kick to ATTI.

Hi Sergy

Yes I have seen these.  Still unsure what it is causing some Mavic problems, I also see many that are flying well.

I am sure each update is working on every problem they can. When issues happen, if flight logs are requested and sent through, I am sure the team spends time analysing and improving the errors.

They seem to make slight improvements each update.
In the short time since Mavic release they have updated the firmware a few times, each time it gets better.
2017-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules