DJI GO 4 new version loss of some functions
756 2 2017-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

I downloaded from Apple Store the latest version of DJI GO 4. The version 4.0.3 for Inpire 2 offered no new major changes but did sort the C1 and C2 issues i had seen. (Thankyou DJI)

But now my questions.

1) In the previous version there was the option to have different EXP settings from Slow, Normal, Fast in the new version these have all gone but now only welcomed by the title "NORMAL" in that EXP area. For me its a major loss of functionality. I liked to quickly switch between stick response based on my I2 needs. Now all we have is TRIPOD and NORMAL.

2) There has been some patch downloads for such as sensor and battery issues. Why dont we have some version number to determine if these have been loaded in the I2 version number when i check them. ?

3) Why do DJI delete functions without considering the customer ?  adding fuctions by version upgrades is okay (as long as we know whats coming,, but delete ???)

4) how do i know if a battery has been updated to latest version? (reason here is i buy a new battery it may have older code and the upgrade requires a reboot which could be a big issue if not under controlled update)  
Under the latest way of getting updates by Assistant 2 we cant roll back if we dont like what happens as the older version is no longer on the "download" section of the product page. I now wished i had "backed up" my iPad before the new version was available on the Apple Store page but for sure i will make sure i do this next time.

2017-2-6
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

This is standard practice from DJI - very little information in release notes and features often disappear across versions.
2017-2-6
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Agree that the ability to set EXP values for different flight modes where very helpful and don't like the removal.

As for battery FW, just install the new batteries and then start normally (not flying) wait a minute or two then close out normally and restart. On the first screen before entering camera screen, you will get a notification to upgrade if needed. This seems to be the new way since FW for batteries are now stored on the I2 itself. This is now how it works for Mavic as well. Seen one report of the craft updating in flight, seems very odd if DJI allows updates in flight, very dangerous if so.
I had a message on my screen about this on my Mavic but it never updated in flight, I had to confirm before update started.

Edit: Regarding DJIGo4, Always backup the previous versions, that way you can roll back. Assistant 2 only stores FW versions, not app versions.

2017-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules