Z30 does not mate with M600 X5 gimbal
3054 5 2017-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

Z30 came in last week. Was pretty excited to toss it on the M600 since everything published said it would mate to the x5 gimbal.
Nope.
Just a heads up, there is a specific mount for the M100 and M600.
It did not ship with the camera, nor did anything lead us or our distributor to think it wouldn't fit, as it is supposed to.
Chinese new years and could be weeks out before getting the gimbal.
Frustration....9k on a new camera we cant use.
2017-2-6
Use props
HELOUAV
lvl.1

United States

I feel your pain. Spent 5K on M600pro, 900.00 on z3 camera, 150.00 on mount. its been 2 months since I purchased and have not been able to fly it.  They cant figure it out so now telling me to return it for evaluation. Going to lose two demo's because of this.
2017-2-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

skyvideoct Posted at 2017-2-7 07:51
That mounting "barrel" looks alot like the X5S which they haven't made the gimbal mounting kit for yet. This could actually be a hint that they will be creating the mounting kit for the Z30 and the X5S.. I would be livid at DJI for their online information for a $9k camera that was "false"
" As with other DJI 3-axis gimbal systems, the Zenmuse Z3 can be mounted onto a DJI aircraft* and stream live HD video to the DJI GO app.
* Currently supports the Inspire 1 series, Inspire 1 v2.0, Matrice 100 and Matrice 600.

What you've quoted is for the Z3 and not the Z30.  From what I understand that the two gimbal mounts (Z30 and X4S/X5S) are similar, but they haven't been tested. Having the X5S on DIY or the M600/M100 rigs can't be done yet, since the X4S/X5S still need to have that image processor that's only available in the I2 at the moment.
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

You should have received the mount in order to use the Z30, or at least been made aware that it needs to be purchased. Have you gotten in contact with your dealer to get the proper kit? The X mounting kit on the DJI Website specifies which cameras it can be used with:

http://store.dji.com/product/mat ... al-mounting-bracket

2017-2-7
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi Jamie,
just visited the link and the x, mount kit has no mention of the Z30, just Z3. I was thinking of the z30 but not if there is no way to fit it yet.?? could this be a typo?

ricci
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ricci2 Posted at 2017-2-7 18:18
Hi Jamie,
just visited the link and the x, mount kit has no mention of the Z30, just Z3. I was thinking of the z30 but not if there is no way to fit it yet.?? could this be a typo?

The omission of the Z30 is correct. The Z30 gimbal connection is a different fitting from the Z3/X3/X5 etc. If you've already have the X mounting kit on your M600, then you would it would need to be swapped out for the Z30 mount. Right now, there is a finite amount of places where the Z30 is available. For your reference, this is what the M600 Z30 adaptor looks like, I know this particular link is not in your region:

http://www.riseabove.com.au/dji-z30-matrice-600-gimbal-adapter
Dealers that sell it should have the adaptor available. If for some reason they don't, the Enterprise department would be able to assist with acquiring the necessary components via enterprise@dji.com.
2017-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules