Dji go 4 app not connecting on Samsung S2 tabket
2278 7 2017-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adriano Basile
New

Italy

Hi there.my dji go 4 app (used to control a Phantom 4 Pro) runs smoothly on a Galaxy S6 but no way to connect on an S2 tablet. Any idea? Thanks! Adriano
2017-2-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

What is the android version for S2 tablet?
When you try to connect S2 to aircraft and run APP, you cannot access to camera page, right?
2017-2-7
Use props
fansf1e2040c
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-7 03:56
What is the android version for S2 tablet?
When you try to connect S2 to aircraft and run APP, you cannot access to camera page, right?

I also have this problem and my Galaxy S2 tablet is running Android 6.0.1, the same version that is running on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, which works wonderfully with DJI GO 4.
2017-2-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Is it possible that on that tablet, another app has the USB port set as default?
Is there an error message, or does GO simply not start?
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansf1e2040c Posted at 2017-2-7 18:00
I also have this problem and my Galaxy S2 tablet is running Android 6.0.1, the same version that is running on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, which works wonderfully with DJI GO 4.

Please describe it in detail about it does not work properly, which may help us locate the issue.
Your aircraft is P4P as well?
2017-2-8
Use props
fansf1e2040c
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-8 00:36
Please describe it in detail about it does not work properly, which may help us locate the issue.
Your aircraft is P4P as well?

Here is my sequence and results. I attach the S2 to the controller and turn on both the controller and S2. I power up the Mavic and the Mavic connects to the controller. DJI GO 4 does not launch automatically. If I launch the app I get a message not connected and I cannot access the controller, camera or the Mavic. I've also tried to startup the Mavic before the controller and several other start up sequences with the same results. If you unplug the tablet from the USB and reattached the Tablet sounds like a USB it attached and acknowledged but still reads as disconnected.
2017-2-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansf1e2040c Posted at 2017-2-8 11:03
Here is my sequence and results. I attach the S2 to the controller and turn on both the controller and S2. I power up the Mavic and the Mavic connects to the controller. DJI GO 4 does not launch automatically. If I launch the app I get a message not connected and I cannot access the controller, camera or the Mavic. I've also tried to startup the Mavic before the controller and several other start up sequences with the same results. If you unplug the tablet from the USB and reattached the Tablet sounds like a USB it attached and acknowledged but still reads as disconnected.

Maybe it's caused by incompatibility since it's working fine with another mobile device.
2017-2-11
Use props
New York Giants
lvl.3
Flight distance : 334774 ft
United States

I had been seeing reviews about how powerful the S2 tab is wrkg with Go & Litchi so i recently purchased one only to get it home & have the same connection issues to the Go & Litchi apps that i been reading many others are having. After trying everything i knew how & troubleshooting solutions i read i still came to a dead end. I took it back to verizon for troubleshooting & the verizon tech who patiently assisted me was a drone ethusiast himself. He altered every setting in the tablet everyway possible only to find out there are connection issues bc of the Android hardware security installed on S2. My friend who have an S2 also from (carrier: us cellular) have no connection issues bc he has the older released version of the S2 when the security hardware was different from the newer released S2 tab. MY SOLUTION: I returned my S2 & got the equally if not better Asus Zenpad Z10 tablet with 3GB RAM, Qualcomm MSM8956 Snapdragon 650 CPU 2 Hexa-core Processors (4x1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 & 2x1.8 GHz Cortex-A72). I tried this tablet out with my P4P & this thing is a BEAST. No lag/stuttering. Hope this help my fellow pilots out. Any questions feel free to ask.
2017-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules