Motor idling (loose or missing propeller)
1215 6 2017-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoeBoxer
New

Canada

Hello.

Just received my Mavic Pro last Friday and my very first attempt to fly I'm getting the warning message: Motor idling (loose or missing propeller).  It appears as soon as I take flight with the drone. However, all motor system and propellers appear to be working normally.  I have tried changing all propellers, changed mobile phones, re-installed the app, re-calibrated IMU, completed firmware updates, and even reset to factory default. This message always persists.

Any suggestions from anyone would be appreciated.

Regards,
Joe

2017-2-6
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

Just want to clarify, when you put the propellers on, are they in a fully locked state? E.g. once you push and twist, did you reach the end. It may be loose.
2017-2-6
Use props
JoeBoxer
New

Canada

Thank you for your comment.  Yes they are totally locked.
2017-2-6
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

JoeBoxer Posted at 2017-2-6 18:20
Thank you for your comment.  Yes they are totally locked.

Ok, your best bet now is to upload the log files to dropbox or something so the DJI Admins can pass them to tech support to review.

I think there's two different logs, one from your aircraft and the second log from your controller, best to export both. (Instructions on how to extract should be in this forum)
  • Then upload to a cloud directory and share it. (dropbox, etc)

2017-2-6
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Have you tried to remove the propellers and install them again? Also check for any dust inside the motors, if there's any blow it out with an air blower.
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Joe, could you please export the flight data via DJI Assistant and upload it to dropbox?
I'll transfer the flight data to our engineers for review.
2017-2-12
Use props
fansfb228991
New

Hong Kong

Please contact DJI Support to send the product back for repair.
2017-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules