Propeller Errors
889 15 2017-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

Hello, I have been amazed at the Phantom 3 Standard, that I have no time to think about the two propellers that do not sit properly. I will contact support.  Here is the video :

2017-2-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The thread may be just a bit tighter, try screwing them down while holding the motor.
2017-2-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

@KevDrones, Aside from spinning them down loose, you should hold the motor housing and thread them props a few more turns further, to a nice snug feeling.

They need to be turned some what tighter than what you are demonstrating in the video above.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-6
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-6 19:37
The thread may be just a bit tighter, try screwing them down while holding the motor.

I used the holder in the included propeller attachment helper in the box, and it did not work.
2017-2-6
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-6 19:48
@KevDrones, Aside from spinning them down loose, you should hold the motor housing and thread them props a few more turns further, to a nice snug feeling.

They need to be turned some what tighter than what you are demonstrating in the video above.

Okay I will try.
2017-2-6
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
United States

Okay, I tried with all my force to push down hard, and spin and it still did not work.
2017-2-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yes, but if the threads don't engage on the motor shaft, they are useless, and must be replaced.
Hold the rotor hub firmly, (motor in the other hand) and press it down somewhat lightly, as you turn the blade, to engage the threads. A new blade might need a little gentle coaxing, to get the part to tighten.

The included wrench/tool, should only really be needed to remove an over tight rotor blade. Not necessary for putting them on.

RedHotPoker

2017-2-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

KevDrones Posted at 2017-2-6 19:52
Okay, I tried with all my force to push down hard, and spin and it still did not work.

Have you tried spinning them the opposite direction. I wonder if the tops have been incorrectly marked.
2017-2-6
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Try holding the motor when spinning on.
2017-2-6
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
United States

WilliamM Posted at 2017-2-6 20:37
Try holding the motor when spinning on.

I did do that as well with the included prop holder/ motor holder very tightly.
2017-2-6
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-6 20:08
Have you tried spinning them the opposite direction. I wonder if the tops have been incorrectly marked.

Yes, I spinned both ways, the correct way actually sits on the top part of the shaft, like in the video,
2017-2-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

KevDrones Posted at 2017-2-6 20:45
Yes, I spinned both ways, the correct way actually sits on the top part of the shaft, like in the video,

Where did you purchase your drone? It may need to be returned/exchanged, if the motor shafts are faulty. I'm not sure what's going on here. If none of your props will engage the motor shafts, there is a fault somewhere. Nothing you can do, further. Sounds like you have already done all that you can try.
I don't know where you live, but If you have regular hobby shop in the vicinity, you might take the drone in with those props and see if they can figure out what's going on.  Yes, something is Definately not right, from what you have said, and demonstrated on the video above.

Sorry about that, but no blame of yours.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-6
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-6 21:15
Where did you purchase your drone? It may need to be returned/exchanged, if the motor shafts are faulty. I'm not sure what's going on here. If none of your props will engage the motor shafts, there is a fault somewhere. Nothing you can do, further. Sounds like you have already done all that you can try.
I don't know where you live, but If you have regular hobby shop in the vicinity, you might take the drone in with those props and see if they can figure out what's going on.  Yes, something is Definately not right, from what you have said, and demonstrated on the video above.

I have 4 props that go on, but the came scratched and have paint removal, or the silver sticker and black sticker.  I purchase it on the DJI Store, and I did fly over the ocean so, the motors are working properly.
2017-2-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

KevDrones Posted at 2017-2-6 21:34
I have 4 props that go on, but the came scratched and have paint removal, or the silver sticker and black sticker.  I purchase it on the DJI Store, and I did fly over the ocean so, the motors are working properly.

I would just buy a new set of props, they are not all that expensive.
2017-2-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-6 21:42
I would just buy a new set of props, they are not all that expensive.

If those faulty props were included in the kit, they should be returned and an exchange sent to him.

It shouldn't be an expense, however small, to the buyer.
That's my thought, but not my call. Only a suggestion.

RedHotPoker

2017-2-6
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
United States

I did contact support and made 3 cases by accident. I have to leave the best case and erase the others.
2017-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules