o(^-^)o
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans03ded3db Posted at 2017-3-14 04:08
ProQuad,

Glad you made it to Green sands! Well worth the effort since the vantage points are numerous and one can easily spend the day there. What? no follow you video as you did the cliff dive?

Fans,

I'm working on it.  I have a tone of footage to go through and put together with out making it a 20 min. video...lol.

I'll post here when I getter-done.
2017-3-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

ProQuad Posted at 2017-3-14 04:05
Cetacean,  Yep, VOG!  New term for me to @RedHot.  We had days of full sun, cloudy, VOG, windy, snowed at the top the day after we got there, rain...I think we got it all!  

I too look fwd to your pics/vids.

VOG! I suppose this is a term we will all remember after this? Hahaha

So glad you guys are sharing this stuff with us land lubbers... ;-)

Have fun, fly safe, & please bring that footage of VOG back, for me to view... Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2017-3-14
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-3-13 23:41
Ken, I am from Edmonton Alberta , and not up on the Hawiian Island lingo.
But eh, I have the Internet.. Ha

Aloha RedHot,

Here is a capture from the video I shot.  The flight was at 3:00 PM, usually a bright time.  You can see the attempts the blue sky is making between the clouds.

On top of it all, today was much less VOGgy than yesterday.  Yesterday was three times worse!

Aloha and Drone On!
VOG at 3.jpg
2017-3-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-14 23:43
Aloha RedHot,

Here is a capture from the video I shot.  The flight was at 3:00 PM, usually a bright time.  You can see the attempts the blue sky is making between the clouds.

That's a nice pic. On the way out , I Start to daydream haha

It hypnotized me...,

RedHotPoker
2017-3-15
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-7 02:10
Aloha Pro,

It would be nice if it was as open to fly over here (Oahu) as it is over on the Big Island.  The Feds have blocked you out of the National Parks (volcano related) but most of the coast is available.  It is a Big Island and there is a lot of airspace for you to have fun in.  The best areas are outside of the FAA restrictions.  Almost the whole coast south of Kona is amazingly beautiful.  I expect to see great videos when you get back!

Cetacean,

See posted video (requested) here.  I ended up taking the Mavic instead of the P4P.  Enjoy and let me know what you think.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-93395-1-1.html
2017-4-20
Use props
djiuser_fDuhObKnUO87
New
United States

I just asked a lifeguard if I can fly my drone (dji mini 3) here at salt pond on Kauai. She said “yes I can no problem ). It’s a county park not a state or federal park so I think I will if the wind dies down just a little bit.  Just thought I’d share that.
2023-9-28
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

If you take off from outside of a park, can't you then fly into a park, as long as the flight didn't originate in the park?
2023-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules