My Drone Year 2016 - Compilation
1580 18 2017-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SeanThePhantomG
lvl.2

United States

Hey what's up guys. I compiled some of my best shots from 2016, and I'm seeking your advice to improve my Phantom 4's performance and color grading. 2016 was an awesome year, I traveled all around California and Oregon.

Enjoy, and if you like it, subscribe to my youtube channel

2017-2-7
Use props
SeanThePhantomG
lvl.2

United States

Watch in HD!
2017-2-7
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

SeanThePhantomG:

Nice clips. Some nice edit techniques, too. I like the sound-synced speed shifts, sporadically placed, so not predictable. Which editor?

I did want to see more of some of the clips, so your tease technique is solid.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-2-7
Use props
SeanThePhantomG
lvl.2

United States

Augustus! Thanks so much. I use Adobe Premiere.
2017-2-7
Use props
SeanThePhantomG
lvl.2

United States

@AlecW Thanks so much, I can't wait to see yours.
2017-2-7
Use props
jmdyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3822254 ft
Netherlands

SeanThePhantomG Posted at 2017-2-7 10:33
@AlecW Thanks so much, I can't wait to see yours.

Very well done.  Much appreciated.
js
2017-2-10
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Good job, with some well-considered angles and cuts, but I kept being drawn to the tilted horizon.

When I take my P4 and P4P out (both have the same issue), I turn on gridlines and open the 'Adjust Gimbal roll' window (leaving it on the screen) and adjust for those shots on the fly where I note it's not level. Hey, I know the wheel/C2 method too, but we all have our preferred ways to compensate...
2017-2-10
Use props
SeanThePhantomG
lvl.2

United States

jmdyer Posted at 2017-2-10 17:56
Very well done.  Much appreciated.
js

Thank you!
2017-2-12
Use props
SeanThePhantomG
lvl.2

United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-2-10 19:26
Good job, with some well-considered angles and cuts, but I kept being drawn to the tilted horizon.

When I take my P4 and P4P out (both have the same issue), I turn on gridlines and open the 'Adjust Gimbal roll' window (leaving it on the screen) and adjust for those shots on the fly where I note it's not level. Hey, I know the wheel/C2 method too, but we all have our preferred ways to compensate...

Thanks PunchBuggy. I'll try that next time.
2017-2-13
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2480515 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Sean this was fantastic! Scenery is absolutely beautiful... I think your grading is well done, a few pictures appear flat but imo. it suits the scenery I do miss some more paning-shots to cover the scenery even more( you had a short great one!) as tilt-up can be a bit repetetive. All in all this was very enjoyable!
2017-2-13
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, some good footage captured, what program do you use for rendering your footage?, just seems flat in some areas,maybe a touch more color needed and the footage not clear even in 1440p?, also looks like you have used a filter in some of the footage?
Just my opinion,nothing bad against your footage, just sometimes the rendering settings can downgrade your footage, especially when you want to upload to u-tube.
2017-2-13
Use props
SeanThePhantomG
lvl.2

United States

Mariuss Posted at 2017-2-13 14:11
Sean this was fantastic! Scenery is absolutely beautiful... I think your grading is well done, a few pictures appear flat but imo. it suits the scenery  I do miss some more paning-shots to cover the scenery even more( you had a short great one!) as tilt-up can be a bit repetetive. All in all this was very enjoyable!

Thanks Mariuss, I agree. Picture is a little flat, I think I need to dial up the sharpness on my phantom. More panning coming your way soon
2017-2-14
Use props
SeanThePhantomG
lvl.2

United States

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2017-2-13 15:55
Hi, some good footage captured, what program do you use for rendering your footage?, just seems flat in some areas,maybe a touch more color needed and the footage not clear even in 1440p?, also looks like you have used a filter in some of the footage?
Just my opinion,nothing bad against your footage, just sometimes the rendering settings can downgrade your footage, especially when you want to upload to u-tube.

Thanks Nigel! YouTube really does a number on your video with its compression.
2017-2-15
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

SeanThePhantomG Posted at 2017-2-14 16:49
Thanks Mariuss, I agree. Picture is a little flat, I think I need to dial up the sharpness on my phantom. More panning coming your way soon

Great! Looking forward to that
2017-2-15
Use props
SeanThePhantomG
lvl.2

United States

Mariuss Posted at 2017-2-15 14:47
Great!  Looking forward to that

What drone do you fly?
2017-2-20
Use props
Mariuss
Second Officer
  • >>>
Norway

P4, previously P3 4K .
2017-2-21
Use props
SeanThePhantomG
lvl.2

United States

Mariuss Posted at 2017-2-21 03:45
P4, previously P3 4K .

Very nice!
2017-3-20
Use props
Fruxen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1370630 ft
Sweden

Beautiful scenery! Nice variation of environments.

Some advice to make your next video even better, in my opinion:
- The tilted horizon is distracting. A pity since it's so easy to fix compared to all the other hard work you have put into this. For example in the shot over the ocean at 1:06, the tilted horizon is very noticable and do not fit into the scene.
- Many areas and trees are very mushy and one colored. The flattest settings like D-log and minus sharpness on the Phantom 4 doesn't mix well with the heavy compression. So much detail and information are lost that is impossible to recover in post.

Other than that, keep it up.
2017-3-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful compilation.  
2021-10-8
Use props
Advanced