Mavic Video Interference
1229 6 2017-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rclendaniel
lvl.1

United States

Loving the Mavic so far and the video at the controller has been solid. Today however, I was getting considerable video interference and dropouts. This happened once before and I reset everything and that semed to solve the issue. This time I could not get rid of it. I was operating in a residential area and it did not seemm to matter how close the drone was to the controller. Has anybody else experienced this, and maybe know of possible interference soursces?
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Something in the neighborhood has to be causing the interference.
Even if I have the antennas folded up I can still fly down my street with no issues at all.
2017-2-7
Use props
rclendaniel
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-7 12:34
Something in the neighborhood has to be causing the interference.
Even if I have the antennas folded up I can still fly down my street with no issues at all.

I guess so. It's gone now and the video is solid again. Thanks...
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rclendaniel Posted at 2017-2-7 14:33
I guess so. It's gone now and the video is solid again. Thanks...

See if a neighbor has a HAM radio tower. Those things give out all kinds of interference if someone has a massive amplifier.
2017-2-7
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-7 14:37
See if a neighbor has a HAM radio tower. Those things give out all kinds of interference if someone has a massive amplifier.

Know a couple of guys into ham radio, can ask them about it. They make the huge antennaes and arrays, the whole bit. It's much lower frequency though. Shouldn't interfere with the 2.4 range the mavic uses but let me make sure.

I was big into the 2.4 range a few years back, designed my own 20 element yagis, machined the elements to perfect size, used computer models the whole bit that could go a mile in the city ground level. But ham, those guys are funny. They argue over channels and stuff like that lol But end times, they will be the ones communicating around the world while the emperor is herding you all into fema camps for 'showers'.

Let me ask and see what's up.

*edit- they do use those bands, he said they are allowed to the more power legally. Ken's right as usual!
2017-2-7
Use props
Nigel54311
lvl.2

United States

We seem to suffer in the UK with home WIFI 'boosters'  - they chuck out loads of interference on the 2.4 GHz band - get lots of black bands on the video if too near residential, doubt it is the Hams, probably something cheap made in the far east.
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-2-7 15:40
Know a couple of guys into ham radio, can ask them about it. They make the huge antennaes and arrays, the whole bit. It's much lower frequency though. Shouldn't interfere with the 2.4 range the mavic uses but let me make sure.

I was big into the 2.4 range a few years back, designed my own 20 element yagis, machined the elements to perfect size, used computer models the whole bit that could go a mile in the city ground level. But ham, those guys are funny. They argue over channels and stuff like that lol But end times, they will be the ones communicating around the world while the emperor is herding you all into fema camps for 'showers'.

Cool, thanks for checking into it.
I too used to be into long range FPV long ago. I started with a Multiplex Easystar about 10yrs ago.
I even got my HAM license because I was using a 433Mhz Dragonlink.
I'm amazed at what's available these days.
2017-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules